University Montessori School
Tel: (949) 683-7835
- Northwood Montessori Schools of Irvine was created to meet the increasing demand for the quality of our program.
- This school serves toddlers from 1 year of age and walking and continues through the first grade.
- Montessori Schools of Irvine programs are based on the strong foundation of early childhood education created by Dr. Maria Montessori.
- This method recognizes that children are born with an "absorbent mind" the natural ability to learn by spontaneously absorbing knowledge from their environment.
- Based on this respect and understanding of the child, the Montessori environment encourages the child to explore.
- What they discover is an enriched world of beauty, peace, and interest to promote learning the natural way.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten|
|Total Students||27 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Irvine Grades: NS-PK | 125 students
4400 Barranca Pkwy
Irvine, CA 92604
(949) 651-0198 3.4 NS-PK
- Irvine Grades: PK-1 | 147 students
17575 Cartwright Rd
Irvine, CA 92614
(949) 752-7217 3.1 PK-1
- Irvine Grades: PK-K | 120 students
4445 Alton Pkwy
Irvine, CA 92604
(949) 786-7392 3.1 PK-K
- Irvine Grades: PK-K | 93 students
1 Technology Drive, Building A
Irvine, CA 92618
(949) 427-3968 6 PK-K
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.