University Montessori School
- Northwood Montessori Schools of Irvine was created to meet the increasing demand for the quality of our program.
- This school serves toddlers from 1 year of age and walking and continues through the first grade.
- Montessori Schools of Irvine programs are based on the strong foundation of early childhood education created by Dr. Maria Montessori.
- This method recognizes that children are born with an "absorbent mind" the natural ability to learn by spontaneously absorbing knowledge from their environment.
- Based on this respect and understanding of the child, the Montessori environment encourages the child to explore.
- What they discover is an enriched world of beauty, peace, and interest to promote learning the natural way.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-1|
|Total Students||49 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Irvine Grades: NS-PK | 125 students
4400 Barranca Pkwy
Irvine, CA 92604
(949)651-0198 3.4 NS-PK
- Irvine Grades: PK-K | 120 students
17575 Cartwright Rd
Irvine, CA 92614
(949)752-7217 3.1 PK-K
- Irvine Grades: NS | 129 students
4445 Alton Pkwy
Irvine, CA 92604
(949)786-7392 3.1 NS
- Irvine Grades: NS-8 | 184 students
1 Technology Drive, Building A
Irvine, CA 92618
(949)544-1047 6 NS-8
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.