Village Green Day School
- Vision and mission driven, we build on each child`s individuality, guiding and inspiring the children to become life-long learners. We go `full STEAM ahead` offering deep and engaging experiences in all areas of development and curriculum. Our teachers and administrators are "not simply transmitters of knowledge, but exemplars and guardians of behaviors and values as well."
Village Green Day School places among the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
Council for Exceptional Children
National Association for the Education of Young Children
International Montessori Council (IMC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||200 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by age and parent selection of additional program options.|
|Admissions Director||Lisa Peter|
- Great Falls Village Green Day School was founded in 1979 and has served as a community school ever since. Our beautiful facility has spacious classrooms, a sensory porch (for three seasons covered, messy, sensorial play), promethean (smart) boards, an art room, a library, a commercial kitchen, a cafeteria area, and a bright multi-purpose room for indoor play, music, fitness and various whole school programs. The School sits in 4-acres of beautiful grounds which have been certified by the National Wildlife Federation as a School Yard Habitat. We have a tot lot, a large playground with age-appropriate equipment, a baseball field, a soccer field, a basketball court, and an adventure playground. With its warm and nurturing staff, Great Falls Village Green is proud to be the place "Where Learning Feels Like Family."
- Village Green programs deliver developmentally appropriate experiences and instruction through our unique Comprehensive Curriculum built on the Core Knowledge framework developed by E.D. Hirsch. We embrace the whole child: physically, emotionally and intellectually. Children gain a solid foundation of skills on with which to build their education and futures.Through discovery based learning and using our large outdoor spaces and playgrounds we provide a place to learn, have fun, and release energy.In both our Preschool programs, and our Extended Day/ Before and After School programs, the children are continually engaged in activities that are purposefully planned and consistently delivered. Our programs are evaluated and supported by administrators that are themselves educators with many years of experience in the field of Early Year`s Education. The oversight and approval process provided by administration ensures the continued quality and diversity of the experiences we offer.We know each child. We build on their strengths, promote their growth, encourage their independence, and awaken their imaginations.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Great Falls Grades: PK-8 | 8 students
9905 Georgetown Pike,
Great Falls, VA 22066
(703)865-6900 0.2 PK-8
- Great Falls Grades: Inquire with school | 114 students
1020 Springvale Rd
Great Falls, VA 22066
(703)759-4129 1.5 Inquire with school
- Vienna Grades: PK-K | 57 students
9525 Leesburg Pike
Vienna, VA 22182
(703)759-3000 2.6 PK-K
- Herndon Grades: PK-K | 130 students
11579 Cedar Chase Road
Herndon, VA 20170
(703)404-9733 3.1 PK-K
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.