Vision and mission driven, we build on each child`s individuality, guiding and inspiring the children to become life-long learners. We go `full STEAM ahead` offering deep and engaging experiences in all areas of development and curriculum. Our teachers and administrators are "not simply transmitters of knowledge, but exemplars and guardians of behaviors and values as well."
Quick Stats (2023)
- Top Ranked VA School
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten
- Enrollment: 200 students
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Village Green Day School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for:
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 29%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
$22,000 - $44,000 (Tuition varies by age and parent selection of additional program, half day options available)
- Great Falls Village Green Day School was founded in 1979 and has served as a community school ever since. Our beautiful facility has spacious classrooms, a sensory porch (for three seasons covered, messy, sensorial play), promethean (smart) boards, an art room, a library, a commercial kitchen, a cafeteria area, and a bright multi-purpose room for indoor play, music, fitness and various whole school programs. The School sits in 4-acres of beautiful grounds which have been certified by the National Wildlife Federation as a School Yard Habitat. We have a tot lot, a large playground with age-appropriate equipment, a baseball field, a soccer field, a basketball court, and an adventure playground. With its warm and nurturing staff, Great Falls Village Green is proud to be the place "Where Learning Feels Like Family."
- Village Green programs deliver developmentally appropriate experiences and instruction through our unique Comprehensive Curriculum built on the Core Knowledge framework developed by E.D. Hirsch. We embrace the whole child: physically, emotionally and intellectually. Children gain a solid foundation of skills on with which to build their education and futures.Through discovery based learning and using our large outdoor spaces and playgrounds we provide a place to learn, have fun, and release energy.In both our Preschool programs, and our Extended Day/ Before and After School programs, the children are continually engaged in activities that are purposefully planned and consistently delivered. Our programs are evaluated and supported by administrators that are themselves educators with many years of experience in the field of Early Year`s Education. The oversight and approval process provided by administration ensures the continued quality and diversity of the experiences we offer.We know each child. We build on their strengths, promote their growth, encourage their independence, and awaken their imaginations.
- Toddler: 1:4
- Two's: 1:5
- Primary: 1:10
- Elementary: 1:18
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Village Green Day School's ranking?
Village Green Day School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for: Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees.
When is the application deadline for Village Green Day School?
The application deadline for Village Green Day School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Village Green Day School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Nearby Homes for Sale
Montessori Schools: An Overview
Are you curious about an educational approach that nurtures independent, creative, and lifelong learners? Look no further! We invite you to dive into the fascinating world of Montessori education and unlock its incredible potential for your children.
Securing Your School
With the rise of school shootings and other violent incidents, it is essential to have a comprehensive plan in place to protect everyone on your school campus.
Overview of State Voucher Programs in the United States
More than twelve states and the District of Columbia have education voucher programs. We describe the various programs and offer suggestions on how to use them so your child can attend private school.