Walker Memorial Academy
- Walker Memorial Academy was established in 1947 to provide a Christ-centered education for elementary age students of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in Avon Park, Florida.
- WMA is committed to excellence and innovation in order to provide a dynamic, well-rounded curriculum so that students will have opportunities to obtain thinking skills in addition to acquiring academic facts.
- The student body, which exhibits ethnic diversity in a rural setting, is led by dedicated individuals with various talents.
- Because the members of the Adventist Christian community place a high value on education, they provide many active support groups which allow WMA to be a well-equipped and technologically current school that is able to offer a wide variety of experiences and services to its students.
- WMA is accredited by the Florida Association of Non-Public Schools, the Seventh-day Adventist Board of Regents and the National Council for Private School Accreditation.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||General Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church (GCSDAC)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||192 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sebring Grades: PK-12 | 76 students
1160 Persimmon Ave
Sebring, FL 33870
(863)385-3850 11.4 PK-12
- Avon Park Grades: PK-2 | 59 students
507 Rich St
Avon Park, FL 33825
(863)453-8687 2.9 PK-2