Walnut Street Christian School
- Our Goal is: "To Educate children in truth and righteousness, to prepare them to meet the challenges of an ever-changing world by pursuing excellence and to support the Christian family and the Bible-believing Church."Phonics based reading curriculum
- Students learn to read in kindergarten. Kindergarten students test in the top 12% nationwide.
- Ninety percent of graduates enter higher education. A large percentage of the high school students qualify to be members of the KCEA State Honor Society.
- Our students average two to three grades ahead on national achievement tests
- Advanced, academic A Beka curriculum ~ *Academic Resource Classroom is available for extra help Many high school electives are offered.
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||123 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Brandi Conklin|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, SoccerBasketball, Soccer,|
- 2005-2006 2005-2006 National Rank Grade Equiv. (Average) (Average)Kindergarten: Reading Top 9% 1.4 Math Top 27% 1.62nd Grade: Reading Top 21.3% 4.3 Math Top 34.4% 3.2 Language Top 28.4 3.75th Grade Reading Top 16.3% 8.9 Math Top 12.3% 9.0 Language Top 17.3% 8.7 Spelling Top 36.4% 6.7 Science Top 20.3% 7.88th Grade 50% of students scored between grade equivalent of 9.5-PHS (College level) (21 PHS/out of a possible 32)11th Grade 43% of students scored 100% of tested subjects in PHS range (College level) 57% of students scored 62% of their tested subjects in the PHS rangeGenerally, the longer a student attends WSCS the higher he or she scores.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jersey Shore Grades: 2-8 | 29 students
38 Heck Road
Jersey Shore, PA 17740 4.8 2-8
- Mars Grades: NS-PK | 62 students
194 Crowe Ave.
Mars, PA 16046
(724) 625-3488 6.5 NS-PK
- Lock Haven Grades: K-8 | 137 students
311 W Water Street
Lock Haven, PA 17745
(570) 748-7252 7.6 K-8
- Lock Haven Grades: K-12 | 25 students
151 N Jones St
Lock Haven, PA 17745
(570) 293-0300 8 K-12
- Williamsport Grades: 1-9 | 24 students
7645 Route 654 Nwy
Williamsport, PA 17702 9.1 1-9
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.