- Wayland Academy was founded in 1855 and for 152 years has continued to fulfill its objective of educating young people.
- The Academy's programs will continue to place a strong emphasis on intellectual, spiritual, and physical growth so that its graduates will take active and fulfilling roles in society.
- Wayland Academy is committed to encouraging the following core values essential for life-long learning and the development of character as reflected in our motto: “Knowledge and Character”.
- Our mission is to prepare young people for a successful college experience and a rapidly changing world by opening their minds to the pursuit of knowledge and their hearts to the development of strong character.
- Since its inception in 1855, Wayland Academy has been solely dedicated to the education of young people.
- The curriculum of the Academy, seen in its broadest sense, encompasses time-tested activities that prepare students to be successful beyond the high school years and to lead meaningful lives.
- Over time, the four Corinthian pillars of Wayland Hall have come to symbolize the basic traditions that underlie the philosophy of the Academy.
- The pillars represent Scholarship, Faith, Health, and Service. These are the components that the Academy recognizes as essential to developing well-rounded individuals.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||184 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 27%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fox LakeGrades: PK-8 | 56 students
110 Edgelawn Dr
Fox Lake, WI 53933
- HartfordGrades: PK-12 | 68 students
1810 Highway Cc
Hartford, WI 53027
- BrownsvilleGrades: PK-8 | 55 students
Po Box 370
Brownsville, WI 53006
- RandolphGrades: KG-8 | 37 students
611 N Columbus St
Randolph, WI 53956
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.