Quick Stats (2023)
- Top Ranked WI School
- School Type: School with Special Program Emphasis
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 191 students
- Yearly Tuition: $20,655
- Acceptance rate: 22%
- Application Deadline: Dec. 1 / Feb. 15
- Source: Verified school update
Wayland Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Wisconsin for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- George E. Taylor - 1879. First African-American to run for the office of President of the United States.
- Zona Gale - 1891. First woman to win the Pulitzer Prize for Drama (1921), for "Miss Lola Bett."
- Addie Joss - 1898. Pitcher; Cleveland Naps (AL); Baseball Hall of Fame.
- Ned Merriam - 1905. Competed at the 1908 London Olympics (400 Meters); coached track & field at: Iowa State, Texas A&M, DePauw, Yale, and U. of Chicago. Football & Track athlete at Chicago (coached by Amos Alonzo Stagg).
- Raymond Patterson - 1940. President/G.M., Houston Rockets, Milwaukee Bucks (NBA), and Wayland Academy.
- Susan Peterson - 1963. First female TV correspondent assigned to the White House; Communications Consultant.
- Rick Fliehr - 1968. Professional wrestler (as Rick "Nature Boy" Flair).
- Mikki Hebl, PhD - 1987. Professor, Rice University; Motivational Speaker.
- Uzma Samadani, MD, PhD - 1988. Neurosurgeon, researcher, Manhattan Veterans' Hospital
- Kira Salak - 1989. Traveler, author, contributing editor to National Geographic
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Wayland Academy cost?
Wayland Academy's tuition is approximately $20,655 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of Wayland Academy?
The acceptance rate of Wayland Academy is 22%, which is lower than the national average of 93%. Wayland Academy's acceptance rate is ranked among the top private schools in Wisconsin with low acceptance rates.
Who are famous alumni from Wayland Academy?
Wayland Academy famous alumni include: George E. Taylor, Zona Gale, Addie Joss, Ned Merriam, Raymond Patterson, Susan Peterson, Rick Fliehr, Mikki Hebl, PhD, Uzma Samadani, MD, PhD and Kira Salak.
What sports does Wayland Academy offer?
Wayland Academy offers 11 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Ice Hockey, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field and Volleyball. Wayland Academy is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Wisconsin for most sports offered.
What is Wayland Academy's ranking?
Wayland Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Wisconsin for: Lowest average acceptance rates, Most AP courses offered, Most sports offered and Oldest founding date.
When is the application deadline for Wayland Academy?
The application deadline for Wayland Academy is Dec. 1 / Feb. 15.
Endorse Wayland Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards