- Wayland Academy was founded in 1855 and for 152 years has continued to fulfill its objective of educating young people.
- The Academy's programs will continue to place a strong emphasis on intellectual, spiritual, and physical growth so that its graduates will take active and fulfilling roles in society.
- Wayland Academy is committed to encouraging the following core values essential for life-long learning and the development of character as reflected in our motto: “Knowledge and Character”.
- Our mission is to prepare young people for a successful college experience and a rapidly changing world by opening their minds to the pursuit of knowledge and their hearts to the development of strong character.
- Since its inception in 1855, Wayland Academy has been solely dedicated to the education of young people.
- The curriculum of the Academy, seen in its broadest sense, encompasses time-tested activities that prepare students to be successful beyond the high school years and to lead meaningful lives.
- Over time, the four Corinthian pillars of Wayland Hall have come to symbolize the basic traditions that underlie the philosophy of the Academy.
- The pillars represent Scholarship, Faith, Health, and Service. These are the components that the Academy recognizes as essential to developing well-rounded individuals.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||184 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WatertownGrades: PK-8 | 113 students
1611 E Main St
Watertown, WI 53094
WaupunGrades: PK-12 | 286 students
301 Fox Lake Rd
Waupun, WI 53963
MayvilleGrades: PK-8 | 161 students
520 Bridge St
Mayville, WI 53050
WatertownGrades: KG-8 | 36 students
792 Milford St
Watertown, WI 53094