WEE Center, FBC Rockville
We are a Christian preschool that fosters cognitive, spiritual, physical, emotional, social and creative growth for the children in our care.
Our mission is to enrich the life of the children in our care through a curriculum designed to promote their cognitive, social, emotional, physical, creative, and spiritual development.
We encourage children to seek answers to their questions, develop problem-solving skills, and think creatively by providing teacher and child initiated activities in a safe, nurturing Christian environment.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Students: 51 students
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 37%
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Sachi Nishio, Director
Eileen Moore, Admin. Assist.
- Our Philosophy *The WEE Center holds the view that preschool children learn through their play experiences. This philosophy is based on the theories of pioneering scholars in child development such as Jean Piaget and Lev Vygotsky. Preschool children do not learn through direct instruction, but rather through hands-on interactions with people and materials. Through play, children learn organizational skills, develop and expand language abilities, and learn to take risks in solving problems. This does not mean that we do not help the children to grow academically. Play contributes to the development of academic ability. When children are ordering objects, learning rhymes and chants, exploring materials, or constructing with blocks, they are building the skills they need to learn to read, write and be successful in school. Children who are given the opportunity to play with peers learn important social skills, such as expressing their emotions in acceptable ways. Play is the work of preschool children. Our Vision: A World of Endless Encouragement (W.E.E.) for all God’s children. Our Mission: Is to enrich the life of the children in our care through a curriculum designed to promote their cognitive, social, emotional, physical, creative, and spiritual development. We encourage children to seek answers to their questions, develop problem-solving skills, and think creatively by providing teacher and child initiated activities in a safe, nurturing Christian environment. Our Objectives: -- protect children from hazards to health and safety -- provide a developmentally appropriate curriculum -- allow children to hear about God's love in an environment of Christian love and concern -- enable children to feel adequate in their environment -- aid children in learning to understand and live intelligently in their world -- teach children to manage themselves, their materials, and their daily routine -- facilitate sturdy growth through providing freedom of movement, adequate space, and equipment -- help children find comfortable, contributing places in the group -- encourage children to take initiative in planning and doing things
Endorse WEE Center, FBC Rockville. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
How Exposed Is Your School?
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.