WEE Center, FBC Rockville
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Enrollment: 51 students
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Our Philosophy *The WEE Center holds the view that preschool children learn through their play experiences. This philosophy is based on the theories of pioneering scholars in child development such as Jean Piaget and Lev Vygotsky. Preschool children do not learn through direct instruction, but rather through hands-on interactions with people and materials. Through play, children learn organizational skills, develop and expand language abilities, and learn to take risks in solving problems. This does not mean that we do not help the children to grow academically. Play contributes to the development of academic ability. When children are ordering objects, learning rhymes and chants, exploring materials, or constructing with blocks, they are building the skills they need to learn to read, write and be successful in school. Children who are given the opportunity to play with peers learn important social skills, such as expressing their emotions in acceptable ways. Play is the work of preschool children. Our Vision: A World of Endless Encouragement (W.E.E.) for all God’s children. Our Mission: Is to enrich the life of the children in our care through a curriculum designed to promote their cognitive, social, emotional, physical, creative, and spiritual development. We encourage children to seek answers to their questions, develop problem-solving skills, and think creatively by providing teacher and child initiated activities in a safe, nurturing Christian environment. Our Objectives: -- protect children from hazards to health and safety -- provide a developmentally appropriate curriculum -- allow children to hear about God's love in an environment of Christian love and concern -- enable children to feel adequate in their environment -- aid children in learning to understand and live intelligently in their world -- teach children to manage themselves, their materials, and their daily routine -- facilitate sturdy growth through providing freedom of movement, adequate space, and equipment -- help children find comfortable, contributing places in the group -- encourage children to take initiative in planning and doing things
Frequently Asked Questions
What schools are WEE Center, FBC Rockville often compared to?
WEE Center, FBC Rockvilleis often viewed alongside schools like Rockville Nursery School & Kindergarten by visitors of our site.
When is the application deadline for WEE Center, FBC Rockville?
The application deadline for WEE Center, FBC Rockville is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse WEE Center, FBC Rockville. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards