WEE Center, FBC Rockville
- We are a Christian preschool that fosters cognitive, spiritual, physical, emotional, social and creative growth for the children in our care.
- Our mission is to enrich the life of the children in our care through a curriculum designed to promote their cognitive, social, emotional, physical, creative, and spiritual development.
- We encourage children to seek answers to their questions, develop problem-solving skills, and think creatively by providing teacher and child initiated activities in a safe, nurturing Christian environment.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||51 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Sachi Nishio, Director|
|Admissions Associate||Eileen Moore, Admin. Assist.|
- Our Philosophy *The WEE Center holds the view that preschool children learn through their play experiences. This philosophy is based on the theories of pioneering scholars in child development such as Jean Piaget and Lev Vygotsky. Preschool children do not learn through direct instruction, but rather through hands-on interactions with people and materials. Through play, children learn organizational skills, develop and expand language abilities, and learn to take risks in solving problems. This does not mean that we do not help the children to grow academically. Play contributes to the development of academic ability. When children are ordering objects, learning rhymes and chants, exploring materials, or constructing with blocks, they are building the skills they need to learn to read, write and be successful in school. Children who are given the opportunity to play with peers learn important social skills, such as expressing their emotions in acceptable ways. Play is the work of preschool children. Our Vision: A World of Endless Encouragement (W.E.E.) for all God’s children. Our Mission: Is to enrich the life of the children in our care through a curriculum designed to promote their cognitive, social, emotional, physical, creative, and spiritual development. We encourage children to seek answers to their questions, develop problem-solving skills, and think creatively by providing teacher and child initiated activities in a safe, nurturing Christian environment. Our Objectives: -- protect children from hazards to health and safety -- provide a developmentally appropriate curriculum -- allow children to hear about God's love in an environment of Christian love and concern -- enable children to feel adequate in their environment -- aid children in learning to understand and live intelligently in their world -- teach children to manage themselves, their materials, and their daily routine -- facilitate sturdy growth through providing freedom of movement, adequate space, and equipment -- help children find comfortable, contributing places in the group -- encourage children to take initiative in planning and doing things
- People that viewed WEE Center, FBC Rockville also viewed these schools: White Flint Children's House.
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.