St. Raphael School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (301) 762-2143
St. Raphael School is a 2019 Blue Ribbon coeducational parish school, providing students with a Catholic education rich in tradition enhanced by a 21st century classroom.
Our academic standards and Catholic virtues provide students with the tools essential to lead lives of service to God and our community.
Being an integral part of the parish community, St. Raphael School offers a warm and welcoming environment enriched by the time and talents offered through our partnership with parents.
Recognizing parents as the primary teachers in life, we welcome and value their ideas and interest. Our goal is to prepare our students to lead lives of service while embracing the love of God and neighbor.
We work to develop a strong sense of self-worth in each of our students, enabling them to reach their full spiritual, intellectual, and emotional potential.
- St. Raphael School Lands 2019 Blue Ribbon - 09/26/2019 - SRS earns coveted award the first year it was eligible.
- SRS Teacher Wins Golden Apple Award - 03/29/2019 - Jerry Nash among 10 teachers in Archdiocese of Washington to earn prestigious honor.
- Dwyer Earns National Educators Award - 01/27/2019 - SRS Principal Teri Dwyer named a recipient of the Lead, Learn, Proclaim Award from the National Catholic Educational Association.
- Dwyer Named Principal of the Year - 09/09/2018 - Teri Dwyer honored by the Archdiocese of Washington as its Distinguished Principal of the Year.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2019|
|Total Students||317 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Golf shirt, slacks/skirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,270|
|Tuition Notes||varies by class|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Track and FieldBasketball, Track and Field,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Newspaper Club, Student Council, Tech Club, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Advanced Art Club, Advanced Band, Art Club, Beginner Band, Chorus, Drama
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball Club, City of Rockville Basketball, CYO Basketball, Track and Field
- St. Raphael School is a 2019 Blue Ribbon coeducational parish school, providing students with a Catholic education rich in tradition enhanced by a 21st century classroom.
- Our academic standards and Catholic virtues provide students with the tools essential to lead lives of service to God and our community.
- Being an integral part of the parish community, St. Raphael School offers a warm and welcoming environment enriched by the time and talents offered through our partnership with parents.
- Recognizing parents as the primary teachers in life, we welcome and value their ideas and interest. Our goal is to prepare our students to lead lives of service while embracing the love of God and neighbor.
- We work to develop a strong sense of self-worth in each of our students, enabling them to reach their full spiritual, intellectual and emotional potential.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Potomac Grades: 3-12 | 536 students
10400 Seven Locks Rd
Potomac, MD 20854
(301) 365-4300 2.5 3-12
- Bethesda Grades: NS-2 | 98 students
7701 Bradley Blvd.
Bethesda, MD 20817
(301) 365-1100 3.6 NS-2
- Bethesda Grades: PK-1 | 52 students
7730 Bradley Blvd
Bethesda, MD 20817
(301) 469-8123 3.6 PK-1
Joining the St. Raphael community has been the best decision our family has ever made. St. Raphael provides a nurturing environment and our kids thrive academically. The staff is wonderful and all the families we have met along the way have been very welcoming. We love our SRS family.
- Posted by Parent - Natalie P.
Love love this school. Teri (the principal and nursery school head) is amazing and so loving. My oldest son started here for their 4+ preschool program (he has a fall birthday) and we were so pleased and in love with the community and school there was not a doubt about enrolling him in to kindergarten. It wasn't in our plan, but not my two younger sons will continue here! We always feel supported in any learning/education concern, and our opinions are always heard. Love SRS!!
- Posted by Parent - Laura Magafan
St. Raphael's became a Blue Ribbon school in its first year of eligibility - which speaks volumes about the quality of the education being provided. Awards also come annually for administrators and teachers alike. Simultaneously, the school's strong Christian faith permeates through all its decisions and students are taught that the choices they make outside the classroom are more important than any test or quiz grade.
- Posted by Parent - Sabrina C.
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.