Rockville Nursery School & Kindergarten
Tel: (301) 762-2678
- Rockville Nursery School and Kindergarten program is designed to provide for the total growth of a child within an environment in which children are encouraged to explore, pretend, create, express feelings, display emotion and experience joy.
- As we bridge the gap between home and school, we guide children towards a good self-image while helping them to develop their skills.
- Our teachers strive to provide experiences that are relevant to a child's age and emotional, social and intellectual needs.
- Children are provided with activities and learning tasks that support the learning process by "hands-on" experiences.
- Ongoing brain research supports our belief that learning by doing results in long-term benefits.
- We provide guidance, assistance and the necessary materials to promote opportunities for appropriate experiences so that children can explore and learn.
- Thought comes from action, not from words; therefore, children learn best from concrete experience, from doing, rather than from learning about Play (learning) is planned which emphasizes the process more that the product, fostering a sense of accomplishment and pride in children.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||20 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rockville Grades: PK-8 | 590 students
917 Montrose Rd
Rockville, MD 20852
(301) 881-1824 2.8 PK-8
- Gaithersburg Grades: PK-K | 369 students
900 Wind River Lane
Gaithersburg, MD 20878
(301) 208-8787 4.6 PK-K
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.