Early Childhood Center
Tel: (301) 424-8065
Early Childhood Center (ECC) is a play-based preschool for children 2-5 years-old.
ECC offers small class sizes, low student to teacher ratios, and highly qualified degreed teachers.
Our teachers use Creative Curriculum to encourage purposeful exploration and independence.
We inspire children to develop a love of learning that will continue to grow with them throughout their lifetime.
Centrally located in downtown Rockville, the school is nestled in a beautiful park setting.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||85 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- All of our children attend ECC on a part-time basis. Small class size is important - most classes have only 10 children with a teacher and assistant. Lunchtime is included in the morning classes. For the 2015-2016 School Year, classes start at 9:00 am and end at either 12:20 pm or 3:00 pm. Additional programs: Early Birds - Families can drop off their child starting at 8:15 am on the days when the child is enrolled in regular classes. Two-year-old children may participate when they have adjusted to their morning class. Please see website for prices and details. Afternoon Adventures - Afternoon Adventures is an enrichment program which extends a child’s day until 3 pm two, three or five days a week. Children will explore many topics through literature, science, and art. Music and Movement - We provide additional enrichment with a music and movement component that is conducted by a specialist who comes into each classroom. The teacher engages the students in expanded activities that enhance the regular classroom routines. Summer Camp - Optional six-week camp meets two, three or five days per week and is available mid-June through July.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rockville Grades: PK-K | 128 students
4500 Muncaster Mill Rd
Rockville, MD 20853
(301) 924-4233 4.2 PK-K
- Rockville Grades: NS-K | 160 students
11810 Parklawn Drive
Rockville, MD 20852
(301) 230-9720 4.3 NS-K
- Bethesda Grades: PK-12 | 1089 students
9600 Forest Road
Bethesda, MD 20814
(301) 530-8260 5.9 PK-12
- Chevy Chase Grades: NS-PK | 156 students
7001 Connecticut Ave
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
(301) 652-7660 8.9 NS-PK
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.