Early Childhood Center (ECC) is a play-based preschool for children 2-5 years-old.
ECC offers small class sizes, low student to teacher ratios, and highly qualified degreed teachers.
Our teachers use Creative Curriculum to encourage purposeful exploration and independence.
We inspire children to develop a love of learning that will continue to grow with them throughout their lifetime.
Centrally located in downtown Rockville, the school is nestled in a beautiful park setting.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool
- Enrollment: 85 students
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 38%
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- All of our children attend ECC on a part-time basis. Small class size is important - most classes have only 10 children with a teacher and assistant. Lunchtime is included in the morning classes. For the 2015-2016 School Year, classes start at 9:00 am and end at either 12:20 pm or 3:00 pm. Additional programs: Early Birds - Families can drop off their child starting at 8:15 am on the days when the child is enrolled in regular classes. Two-year-old children may participate when they have adjusted to their morning class. Please see website for prices and details. Afternoon Adventures - Afternoon Adventures is an enrichment program which extends a child’s day until 3 pm two, three or five days a week. Children will explore many topics through literature, science, and art.Music and Movement - We provide additional enrichment with a music and movement component that is conducted by a specialist who comes into each classroom. The teacher engages the students in expanded activities that enhance the regular classroom routines.Summer Camp - Optional six-week camp meets two, three or five days per week and is available mid-June through July.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Early Childhood Center?
The application deadline for Early Childhood Center is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Early Childhood Center. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Secrets to Becoming a Great School
Discover the essential ingredients that drive academic success and cultivate a thriving school community.
Keep track of application deadlines as well as all the other aspects of choosing a school.
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.