Early Childhood Center
- Early Childhood Center (ECC) is a play-based preschool for children 2-5 years-old.
- ECC offers small class sizes, low student to teacher ratios, and highly qualified degreed teachers.
- Our teachers use Creative Curriculum to encourage purposeful exploration and independence.
- We inspire children to develop a love of learning that will continue to grow with them throughout their lifetime.
- Centrally located in downtown Rockville, the school is nestled in a beautiful park setting.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Total Students||85 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- All of our children attend ECC on a part-time basis. Small class size is important - most classes have only 10 children with a teacher and assistant. Lunchtime is included in the morning classes. For the 2015-2016 School Year, classes start at 9:00 am and end at either 12:20 pm or 3:00 pm. Additional programs: Early Birds - Families can drop off their child starting at 8:15 am on the days when the child is enrolled in regular classes. Two-year-old children may participate when they have adjusted to their morning class. Please see website for prices and details. Afternoon Adventures - Afternoon Adventures is an enrichment program which extends a child’s day until 3 pm two, three or five days a week. Children will explore many topics through literature, science, and art. Music and Movement - We provide additional enrichment with a music and movement component that is conducted by a specialist who comes into each classroom. The teacher engages the students in expanded activities that enhance the regular classroom routines. Summer Camp - Optional six-week camp meets two, three or five days per week and is available mid-June through July.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- HyattsvilleGrades: NS-8 | 227 students
7207 Annapolis Road
Hyattsville, MD 20784
- BethesdaGrades: NS-12 | 1082 students
9600 Forest Road
Bethesda, MD 20814
- RockvilleGrades: NS-K | 160 students
11810 Parklawn Drive
Rockville, MD 20852
- PotomacGrades: NS-K | 220 students
11931 Seven Locks Rd
Potomac, MD 20854
- RockvilleGrades: NS-5 | 39 students
1605 Veirs Mill Road
Rockville, MD 20851
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.