Westbury Friends School
Tel: (516) 333-3178
Westbury Friends School a small Quaker school for children in Nursery through Grade 3 in the heart of Nassau County.
A community of engaged, active teachers and learners, Westbury Friends School focuses on critical thinking for better understanding.
In a welcoming and nurturing environment, with moderate tuition fees, Westbury Friends School is committed to teaching our children to live peacefully in a diverse world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Friends Council on Education (FCE)|
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-2|
|Total Students||94 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||31:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 1 / May. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,000|
|Tuition Notes||Early Childhood Program tuition depends on the enrollment option chosen. Extended care fees are additional.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Indoor Soccer, Intramural Sports Only, Lacrosse, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Indoor Soccer, Intramural Sports Only,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Basketball, Karate, Soccer, Teeball
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball, Indoor Hockey, Karate, Soccer, Teeball, Yoga
- Since 1957, Westbury Friends School has been recognized for fine academics as well as a whole-child approach to intellectual and moral development. Students are encouraged by word and by example to respect the talents and perspectives of others and include them in a cooperative search for knowledge. WFS believes that education is preparation for the whole of life: the development of intellectual, physical, and social-emotional capacities as well as those of the spirit. WFS teachers are facilitators of the learning process, using dialogue, reflection, and inquiry tools for learning in the classroom.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cedarhurst Grades: PK-12 | 37 students
565 Park Avenue
Cedarhurst, NY 11516
(516) 285-1808 12.1 PK-12
- Westbury Grades: K | 80 students
878 Jericho Tpke
Westbury, NY 11590
(516) 334-1144 1 K
- Westbury Grades: PK-8 | 406 students
101 Maple Ave
Westbury, NY 11590
(516) 333-0580 0.9 PK-8
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.