Western Mennonite School
Tel: (503) 363-2000
- Western Mennonite School equips students for a life of faith and learning.
- WMS is fully accredited and meets the academic requirements of the Northwest Association of Accredited Schools and the Oregon Department of Education criteria for private schools, and the Mennonite Education Agency.
- Students, faculty, and staff engage in corporate worship experiences that challenge and enrich their lives as a community of Christian believers.
- Weekly small group meetings build a support base for students and enable personal, intimate relationships to develop.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Northwest Association of Accredited Schools|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||140 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, Human Geography, Pre-Calculus, Psychology, Spanish Language and Composition, Spanish Literature and Culture, U.S. History|
|Average SAT score||1090|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,600|
|Tuition Notes||$7,110 - Middle School $8,600 - High School|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,790|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Rich Martin|
|Admissions Associate||WMS Office|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Athletics, Book Club, Drama, International Club, Music (choir & band), National Honor Society (NHS), Swing Dance Club|
- Western Mennonite School (WMS), grades 6-12, is dedicated to quality education and the spiritual nurture of students. Western was established in 1945 by the Pacific Northwest Conference of the Mennonite Church. While its Mennonite roots still shape the school today, it is enriched by denominational diversity along with cultural diversity. Students come to Western's beautiful 45-acre wooded campus from across the Willamette Valley, the Pacific Northwest, and around the world. Western is fully accredited by the Northwest Association of Accredited Schools and offers students the personal attention of a small school and the opportunities of a large school. Western's exceptional faculty and staff strive to help students realize their potential—academically, socially, and spiritually.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Salem Grades: 6-12 | 320 students
4373 Market St Ne
Salem, OR 97301
(503) 391-2639 9.6 6-12
- Salem Grades: PK-12 | 661 students
942 Lancaster Drive NE
Salem, OR 97301
(503) 378-1219 9.9 PK-12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.