Western Mennonite School
- Western Mennonite School equips students for a life of faith and learning.
- WMS is fully accredited and meets the academic requirements of the Northwest Association of Accredited Schools and the Oregon Department of Education criteria for private schools, and the Mennonite Education Agency.
- Students, faculty, and staff engage in corporate worship experiences that challenge and enrich their lives as a community of Christian believers.
- Weekly small group meetings build a support base for students and enable personal, intimate relationships to develop.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Northwest Association of Accredited Schools|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||225 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, Human Geography, Pre-Calculus, Psychology, Spanish Language and Composition, Spanish Literature and Culture, U.S. History,|
|Average SAT score||1090|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,600|
|Tuition Notes||$7,110 - Middle School $8,600 - High School|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,790|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Rich Martin|
|Admissions Associate||WMS Office|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Athletics, Book Club, Drama, International Club, Music (choir & band), National Honor Society (NHS), Swing Dance Clu|
- Western Mennonite School (WMS), grades 6-12, is dedicated to quality education and the spiritual nurture of students. Western was established in 1945 by the Pacific Northwest Conference of the Mennonite Church. While its Mennonite roots still shape the school today, it is enriched by denominational diversity along with cultural diversity. Students come to Western's beautiful 45-acre wooded campus from across the Willamette Valley, the Pacific Northwest, and around the world. Western is fully accredited by the Northwest Association of Accredited Schools and offers students the personal attention of a small school and the opportunities of a large school. Western's exceptional faculty and staff strive to help students realize their potential—academically, socially, and spiritually.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.