Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Chess Club, Ecology, Fitness, Girl's Athletic Association, Photography
Arts and Music Programs:
Ceramics & Pottery, Drama
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- The WPSD vision is for students to achieve at the same level as other children in society; to reach their highest potential in academics and citizenship; and to achieve independence, positive self-esteem and high personal aspirations.
- WPSD offers an all inclusive communication/language environment. Communication needs are met on an individual basis with emphasis on fluency in both English and American Sign Language.
- Over 25% of our student population has Cochlear Implants.
- The curriculum incorporates state and national standards.
- Mainstream opportunities are offered through a variety of local programs including the student's home school district, a local private elementary school and a public vocational training center.
- WPSD offers a complete after school program including a fully equipped fitness center, a variety of clubs and a comprehensive athletic program.
- Our staff includes speech language pathologists, audiologists, a school psychologist, a communication teacher, an occupational/physical therapist, guidance counselors and an art therapist.WPSD provides support services as needed.
- The Residential Program, open to students from preschool through 12th grade, is an integral part of WPSD. The residential staff provides care and guidance in a warm yet structured environment that includes clubs, social activities and athletic programs.
- American Sign Language classes are offered on-campus and at a variety of off-campus locations. Classes are also offered to the corporate community.
- The Choices for Children parent-infant program provides early intervention services through home visits and on-campus activities to deaf and hard-of-hearing infants, toddlers and their families through agencies across Pennsylvania.
Frequently Asked Questions
What sports does Western Pennsylvania School For The Deaf offer?
What is Western Pennsylvania School For The Deaf's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Western Pennsylvania School For The Deaf?
View the Western Pennsylvania School For The Deaf yearly calendar below.
Endorse Western Pennsylvania School For The Deaf. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards