Sister Thea Bowman Catholic Academy
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (412) 242-3515
- Sister Thea Bowman Catholic Academy, being an authentically Catholic, Christ centered institution, is rooted in African-American Catholic spirituality.
- Serving the diversity of God`s children, their families and in relationship with the community, we aim for students to reach their full potential spiritually, culturally and academically.
- The mission is to provide a stimulating climate of academic excellence with high expectations for student achievement in order to be leaders in a diverse and global community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||146 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Dress pants and polo or button-down shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$2,000|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool Only - $3,500 K-8 (1 child) - $2,000 PreK-8 (2+ children) - $2,600|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Mary Ann Jaskulski|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Stephanie Michael|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
- Thank you for your interest in Sister Thea Bowman Catholic Academy for your child's education. We are a Pre-K through 8th grade school located in Wilkinsburg, PA. We are fully subsidized through the Extra Mile Education Foundation which allows us to offer quality education at a fraction of the cost of other Catholic schools in the area. Beyond the low tuition costs, nearly all of our families receive further tuition assistance and many pay less than $1,000 for the year.
- Our core curriculum has all been updated over the past two years and we are proud of our integration of technology through Smart Boards, Chromebook tablets, and Sphero robots. We are soon to be the recipient of a Matt's Maker Space that will be available to the entire student population.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pittsburgh Grades: K-8 | 132 students
809 Center Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15221
(412) 244-1779 0.1 K-8
I''m considering moving back to Pittsburgh and I''m originally from Wilkinsburg, I also attended St. James when I was in middle school. I would like information non your school, quality of teachers and academic programs. Tuition and is it a safe environment? Please advise and thank you in advance for your cooperation. I''m also looking at possibly placing a 1st grader and a 5th grader.
- Posted by Parent - olbal
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?