- Pace School in Churchill is a placement option for school districts in Allegheny and surrounding counties that currently serve kids, K-12 or to age 21 with emotional challenges or Autism.
- At Pace, We Believe Kids Can!Through effective planning, focused effort and intentional strategy, we believe all students can acquire the skills necessary to lead safe, productive and integrated lives.
- Pace School is one of only 33 Private Schools (APS) licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Education and the State Board of Private Academic Schools and approved by the Secretary of Education to provide a free appropriate special education program for students with severe disabilities.
- Costs for school age students placed at Pace are shared between the school district of residence and the Commonwealth.
- Pace teachers and staff deliver high quality, rigorous academic, functional and social emotional curriculum tailored to meet each student`s individual needs as identified within his/her the Individual Educational Program (IEP).Pace School is licensed to serve students eligible for special education services with a(n): Intellectual Disability; Specific Learning Disability; Emotional Disturbance; Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Students at Pace often have at least one mental health diagnosis. Pace integrates a Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP), licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services, into the school program for students who would benefit from this intensive level of mental health and psychiatric support.
- "Our mission is to provide educational and therapeutic supports that enable any child to thrive.".
Pace School places among the top 20% of private schools in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Intellectual Disability, Specific Learning Disability, Emotional Disturbance, Autism Spectrum Disorder|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, FootballBasketball, Football,|
- On a daily basis, Pace School programs integrate educational and mental /behavioral health services for each child. Our efforts are guided by science and driven by the voice of the child.
- Students in all Pace programs require services above and beyond those available in traditional classrooms. We believe that we prevent failure and assure success in learning by scaffolding supports and building positive relationships. By blending both academic and behavioral services into their learning environment students can achieve maximum benefits including:Improvements in academic, school and life- management skillsReturn to public school, ready to learn!Diversion from psychiatric or in-patient hospitalizations.An important aspect of our model is Positive Learning and Integrated Design (PLAID). This innovative programming created by Pace is a holistic model that weaves mental wellness, social positive behavior and acedemics into every lesson. We believe that kids can and that PLAID will lead to better outcomes for our students. At Pace, we believe in creating a trauma sensitive environment. Our organization was an early leader in bringing this concept into a school based setting. The goal is to create a secure environment where children can feel safe while learning to understand their own experiences and change the way they respond to them.We are committed to Evidence Based instructional and behavioral practices. These practices are evident in our use of scientifically based early reading programs, verbal behavior programming, positive behavioral interventions and supports, professional development, PA Core Standards aligned IEP`s, and more.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pittsburgh Grades: K-9 | 132 students
2432 Greensburg Pike
Pittsburgh, PA 15221
(412)244-1900 0 K-9
- Zelienople Grades: NS-12 | 298 students
70 W Beaver St
Zelienople, PA 16063
(724)452-4453 24.3 NS-12
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.