Tel: (713) 973-1900
Westview School Photo #7 - After-School Robotics Club for Upper Elementary and Middle School Students
The Westview School is a private school for high-functioning children with autism spectrum disorder from ages 2 to 15 years.
Westview is unique in that it is the only school in the greater Houston area - and the country - that specifically serves high-functioning children with autism spectrum disorder.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||autism spectrum disorder|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||147 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $17,995 to $25,995 per year|
|Admissions Director||Becky Mattis|
- Westview’s challenging, well-rounded curriculum includes a full range of academic programs and a strong emphasis on social communication and social skills. We offer opportunities to pursue the arts, extra-curricular activities and real-world experiences. The enhancement of self esteem and the development of appropriate behavior allow our students to become successful members of the community.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Grades: NS-8 | 409 students
7450 Memorial Woods Dr
Houston, TX 77024
(713) 290-2500 6.9 NS-8
- Houston Grades: NS-12 | 90 students
3737 O'Meara Drive
Houston, TX 77025
(713) 993-9544 12.5 NS-12
- Houston Grades: K-12 | 13 students
5151 Addicks Satsuma Road
Houston, TX 77084
(281) 855-3546 5.2 K-12
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.