White Rock Montessori
- Nestled beside a creek on wooded acreage in East Dallas, White Rock Montessori serves 160 students ages three through 8th grade. Founded in 1975, the school was among the first Montessori elementary programs in the nation and is recognized today as one of the city's finest Montessori programs.
- White Rock Montessori is dedicated to providing a challenging educational environment in which each child is empowered to grow to his/her fullest potential academically, emotionally, physically and socially at each stage of development.
- Following the principles of Dr. Maria Montessori, the school provides a consistent framework for learning through the dynamic partnership of child, parent and teacher.
- White Rock Montessori students develop a deep sense of personal and social responsibility and respect for themselves, others and the environment.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||180 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Middle School - $14,278.00 Upper Elementary - $11,281.00 Lower Elementary - $11,281.00 Preschool Extended/Full Day - $10,939.00 Preschool Half Day - $6,859.00 Before School Care - $1,483.00 After School Care - $4,566.00 Before & After School Care -|
|Admissions Director||Connie Laufersky|
|Admissions Associate||Ginger Payton|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Fencing, TennisFencing, Tennis,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Choir, Ecology Club, Ensemble, Girl Scouts, Makers Club, Model United Nations, Tennis Lessons Choir, Ecology Club, Ensemble, Girl Scouts, Makers Club, Tennis Lessons, Model United Nations,|
- The Staff at White Rock Montessori is committed to the concept that every child should be given the opportunity to develop to the fullest of his or her potential. The aim of the school is to encourage active, self-directed learning and to strike a balance of individual mastery with small group collaboration within the whole group community. Children who participate in the White Rock Montessori program have been described as having developed self-discipline, self knowledge and independence, an enthusiasm for learning, an organized approach to problem solving and solid academic skills.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- DallasGrades: K-12 | 400 students
2720 Hillside Drive
Dallas, TX 75214
- MesquiteGrades: PK-12 | 582 students
1515 Republic Parkway
Mesquite, TX 75150
- SunnyvaleGrades: K-12 | 88 students
3052 N Belt Line Road
Sunnyvale, TX 75182
- GarlandGrades: PK-12 | 344 students
1516 Lavon Drive
Garland, TX 75040
- GarlandGrades: PK-1 | 48 students
1935 E Centerville Rd
Garland, TX 75041
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.