Whitehouse Preparatory School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (908) 534-0026
Whitehouse Preparatory School is a premier independent Kindergarten school located in Whitehouse Station.
The School's core philosophy is the belief all children are endowed with unique talents and abilities that, if properly nurtured and inspired, will enable them to excel and achieve wonderful things in life.
In this respect, education is not simply imparting information and skills from teacher to student; rather, it is a two-way process whereby the teacher serves as a catalyst for enhancing each childs unique abilities and qualities.
This is best accomplished by sparking within each student his or her passions and allowing them to discover and embrace their own creativity. Before and after care programs are available.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||51 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
- Preschool Program (3 year olds): The Preschool Program at Whitehouse Prep is for 3 year olds turning 4. The program is a great first step in the learning process. It is a developmentally appropriate program that makes learning fun and builds a great early foundation for our KI program. The Preschool Program is designed to integrate directly into our Kindergarten I class.
- Two Year Kindergarten Program (4 and 5 year olds): Times have changed and the academic demands on Kindergarten children are dramatically more rigorous than ever before. However, even though the academic demands have changed, 4, 5, and 6-year-old children are still the same developmentally. Consequently, they require a program that will afford them the time necessary to build a solid foundation for meeting the challenges of first grade. Whitehouse Prep offers a program that allows for this growth with two years of full day instruction from 4 to 6 years old. The curricula for the Kindergarten I and II classes are fully integrated and complementary. Enrichment instruction in violin, Chinese (Mandarin), acting/drama, art and music/movement are integrated into the curriculum and is all included in the tuition.
- Kinder*Connect (5 year olds): Whitehouse Prep offers a premier kindergarten wrap-around program (half-day) as a way of extending and enhancing the public school half-day Kindergarten class. Students have the opportunity to improve their basic math, reading and writing skills as well as receive enrichment instruction in Mandarin Chinese, violin, art, music and conflict resolution.
Nearby Private Schools
The nearest high school to Whitehouse Preparatory School is The Midland School (2.0 miles away)
The nearest elementary school and preschool is First Step Learning Center Of Lebanon (1.0 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Somerville Grades: PK-K | 20 students
Us Highway 22 W
Somerville, NJ 08876
(908) 218-5454 1.4 PK-K
- Somerville Grades: PK-12 | 93 students
94 Readington Road
Somerville, NJ 08876
(908) 722-8222 2 PK-12
- Whitehouse Station Grades: PK-K | 108 students
199 Halls Mill Rd
Whitehouse Station, NJ 08889
(908) 439-2300 2.1 PK-K
- Somerville Grades: K | 18 students
Us Route 22 West
Somerville, NJ 08876
(908) 218-0707 2.2 K
I've worked/commuted from Readington Township to New York City for over 10 yrs as a health professional. I've watched how competitive children and schools have to be ( especially in New York ) just so their children can have a chance to succeed in college. Families literally uproot to move a few blocks away to a different zip code so they can be considered for enrollment (with a 38-45K a year tuition) in pre-K through middle school ! My children currently attend Whitehouse Prep school for only FRACTION of that tuition and are currently learning a curriculum on par, and in some areas, exceed that of a New York City private school. There are not too many schools that teach subjects with hands-on experience. Not only do kids learn about agriculture, they actually have a working garden in the backyard that the kids participate in. Biology lessons are met by watching on a daily basis a live butterfly hatched from a cocoon . Violin,singing, acting lessons taught in their music class are part of their norm. The student/teacher ration is favorable and all the teachers there have a shared passion I rarely see in any profession. Whitehouse Prep is worth every penny and I highly recommend this school knowing every child who attends will be off to a great start in life.
- Posted by Parent - pacis
My name is Sherri and I work at Whitehouse Preparatory School. This school is an amazing school. When you walk thru the front door you feel the love and warmth of the school. The teachers here have a passion for all their students to be the best they can be. The children range from the age of 2 1/2 to 5 years of age. I see the children grow and blossom. The Children Here Get More Than The Rest....Which Leads Them To Academic Success!!! Please go to www.whitehouseprep.org and learn about our school!
- Posted by Administrator - sloug
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.