Woodside Priory School - The Priory
Our 50-acre environmentally friendly campus features a new state-of-the-art STREAM building, a new pool, and a new track.
Academic rigor is part of life at Priory. Our students graduate fully prepared to enter the most selective colleges and universities.
At Woodside Priory, we offer a competitive interscholastic athletic program. At the same time, we give every student the opportunity to participate.
Priory students put on two theater productions each year in Rothrock Performance Hall, a 400 seat proscenium theater with a large stage and state of the art lighting, sound and audience seating.
Our classes are intentionally small and last between an hour and an hour and fifteen minutes, allowing students and teachers to engage deeply in intellectual discourse, critical thinking, and problem-solving.
More than 30 club and activity choices are available to High School students. Clubs provide opportunities to discover passions, develop strengths, apply academic knowledge in a practical way, develop self-knowledge, and learn to make the choices necessary to manage a busy schedule independently.
The Priory values arts in education as an expression of one's own humanity and an aspect of understanding all humanity. In concert with academic studies, learning about and doing arts is part of fully developing students' intelligence and potential.
We offer a professional, supportive and trusting environment where students are given skills to unlock their talents and encouraged to stretch themselves.
- Located within 40 minutes of San Francisco and 10 minutes from Stanford University, the Priory is a coeducational boarding and day school for grades 9 through 12 as well as a coeducational day school for grades 6 through 8.
- Situated on a 50-acre campus in the heart of Silicon Valley, Priory offers a 7:1 student/teacher ratio, a strong college and university preparatory curriculum, a vast performing arts program, and a competitive athletics program.The Priory strives to create a balanced experience for students where they can explore interests, develop passions, and discover meaningful activities.
- Everything we do revolves around our Mission to assist students in becoming lifelong learners and stewards who will productively serve the world in need of their gifts and our five Benedictine values of Community, Hospitality, Individuality, Integrity, and Spirituality. Priory students are challenged to develop their fullest potential in the classrooms, on the athletic fields, in the performing and visual arts, and in service to the greater community around them.
- Priory graduates go on to attend schools all across the country, including bigger schools such as Stanford, Harvard, Yale, UC Berkeley, and UCLA, as well as smaller colleges like Carleton, Oberlin, Santa Clara, and Whitman.
Upcoming Events and News
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||365 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||74 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Number of AP Courses||22 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Computer Science, English Literature, Environmental Science, French Language, Human Geography, Japanese, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Music Therory, Physics, Psychology, Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, Statistics, Studio Art, U.S. Government and Politics, U.S. History|
|Average SAT score||1370|
|Average ACT score||30|
|Average Percentile SSAT||85%|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 11|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$43,575|
|Tuition Notes||Day tuition includes daily lunch. Additional fees include Student Store deposit of $600 and an academic fee of $175. Books are extra. For information regarding Boarding Program tuition and fees, visit our website.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$34,900|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Matthew Lai, Director of Admissions & Financial Aid|
|Admissions Associate||Cherie Baylis|
|Endowment Size||10 million|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water PoloBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||23 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Associated Student Body, Campus Ministry, Chamber Choir, Community Service Club, Concert Choir, Ecology/Sustainability Club, Improv Jam, International Club, Japanese Anime Club, Jazz Band, Literary Magazine, Lomography Club, National Honor Society, Open Art Studio, Orchestra, Prism, Robotics, Student Ambassadors, Tech Club, Technical Theater, Womentors, Woodworking, Yearbook Chamber Choir, Concert Choir, Improv Jam, Jazz Band, Orchestra, Prism, Robotics, Tech Club, Womentors, Woodworking, Yearbook, Associated Student Body,|
Community Service Club,
Japanese Anime Club,
National Honor Society,
Open Art Studio,
- Welcome to the Priory; the only Benedictine College Preparatory school in California! Many successful people remember a time in their teenage years when an inspiring teacher, an exciting class, or an unforgettable experience made a positive difference in their lives. We think students need many of these special moments. We have thought long and hard about how to create them.An outstanding faculty and a rigorous college prep curriculum are important. So is the Benedictine vision of a learning community where members support one another. An upbeat campus atmosphere and the broad co-curricular program also set the stage for a balanced educational adventure.With our roots in the 1,500-year-old tradition of Catholic Benedictine education, we do much more than providing an outstanding college preparatory education. We welcome young people into a community where they feel uniquely known and loved. Priory students feel free to take intellectual and creative risks, to discover their passions, and to grow in heart, mind, and soul.St. Benedict advised us to "listen with the ear of our hearts." As a community of educators, we continually reflect on our practices, seek out cutting-edge educational thinking, and embrace better ways to meet our students' needs. Firmly grounded in our core Benedictine values of individuality, community, integrity, hospitality, and spirituality, we face the changing demands of the 21st century with confidence and innovation.Even our campus reflects our values. Ancient redwood trees stand alongside a state-of-the-art Performing Arts Center. Our monks stroll along a trail past a vast array of solar panels. In cozy outdoor plazas, teachers and students laugh and talk together.Our values are timeless. Our community is real. Our vision is far-reaching. Come see what the Priory Way is all about. https://www.youtube.com/watch v=Qn4qmpUhdtI
- The Priory Admissions process is available at our website -http://www.prioryca.org/Page/Admissions
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- AthertonGrades: 6-12 | 795 students
50 Valparaiso Ave
Atherton, CA 94027
- Mountain ViewGrades: 9-12 | 1667 students
1885 Miramonte Ave
Mountain View, CA 94040
- San JoseGrades: 9-12 | 1657 students
960 W Hedding St
San Jose, CA 95126
- Pebble BeachGrades: PK-12 | 732 students
3152 Forest Lake Road
Pebble Beach, CA 93953
- San FranciscoGrades: 9-12 | 1466 students
2001 37th Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94116
Nearby Homes for Sale
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.