Woodside Priory School - The Priory
Woodside Priory School - The Priory Photo #2 - We offer a professional, supportive and trusting environment where students are given skills to unlock their talents and encouraged to stretch themselves.
Woodside Priory School - The Priory Photo #3 - Our 50-acre environmentally friendly campus features a new state-of-the-art STREAM building, a new pool, and a new track.
Woodside Priory School - The Priory Photo #4 - Academic rigor is part of life at Priory. Our students graduate fully prepared to enter the most selective colleges and universities.
Woodside Priory School - The Priory Photo #5 - At Woodside Priory, we offer a competitive interscholastic athletic program. At the same time, we give every student the opportunity to participate.
Woodside Priory School - The Priory Photo #6 - Priory students put on two theater productions each year in Rothrock Performance Hall, a 400 seat proscenium theater with a large stage and state of the art lighting, sound and audience seating.
Woodside Priory School - The Priory Photo #7 - Our classes are intentionally small and last between an hour and an hour and fifteen minutes, allowing students and teachers to engage deeply in intellectual discourse, critical thinking, and problem-solving.
Woodside Priory School - The Priory Photo #8 - More than 30 club and activity choices are available to High School students. Clubs provide opportunities to discover passions, develop strengths, apply academic knowledge in a practical way, develop self-knowledge, and learn to make the choices necessary to manage a busy schedule independently.
Woodside Priory School - The Priory Photo #9 - The Priory values arts in education as an expression of one's own humanity and an aspect of understanding all humanity. In concert with academic studies, learning about and doing arts is part of fully developing students' intelligence and potential.
Located within 40 minutes of San Francisco and 10 minutes from Stanford University, the Priory is a coeducational boarding and day school for grades 9 through 12 as well as a coeducational day school for grades 6 through 8.
Situated on a 50-acre campus in the heart of Silicon Valley, Priory offers a 7:1 student/teacher ratio, a strong college and university preparatory curriculum, a vast performing arts program, and a competitive athletics program.The Priory strives to create a balanced experience for students where they can explore interests, develop passions, and discover meaningful activities.
Everything we do revolves around our Mission to assist students in becoming lifelong learners and stewards who will productively serve the world in need of their gifts and our five Benedictine values of Community, Hospitality, Individuality, Integrity, and Spirituality. Priory students are challenged to develop their fullest potential in the classrooms, on the athletic fields, in the performing and visual arts, and in service to the greater community around them.
Priory graduates go on to attend schools all across the country, including bigger schools such as Stanford, Harvard, Yale, UC Berkeley, and UCLA, as well as smaller colleges like Carleton, Oberlin, Santa Clara, and Whitman.
- Top Ranked CA School
- Grades: 6-12
- Students: 375 students
- Yearly Tuition: $50,650
- Acceptance rate: 30%
- Average class size: 13 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 7
Woodside Priory School - The Priory places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 48%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
Art History, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Computer Science, English Literature, Environmental Science, French Language, Human Geography, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Music Therory, Physics, Psychology, Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, Statistics, Studio Art, U.S. Government and Politics, U.S. History
Average SAT score
Average ACT score
Average Percentile SSAT
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
Finances and Admission
Yearly Tuition Cost
Day tuition includes daily lunch. Additional fees include Student Store deposit of $600. Books are extra. For information regarding Boarding Program tuition and fees, visit our website.
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
David Lazo, Director of Admissions & Financial Aid
Total Sports Offered
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Associated Student Body, Campus Ministry, Chamber Choir, Community Service Club, Concert Choir, Ecology/Sustainability Club, Improv Jam, International Club, Japanese Anime Club, Jazz Band, Literary Magazine, Lomography Club, National Honor Society, Open Art Studio, Orchestra, Prism, Robotics, Student Ambassadors, Tech Club, Technical Theater, Womentors, Woodworking, Yearbook
Club or Organization:
Dedicated to Diversity
Club or Organization:
Dedicated to Diversity
- Welcome to the Priory; the only Benedictine College Preparatory school in California! Many successful people remember a time in their teenage years when an inspiring teacher, an exciting class, or an unforgettable experience made a positive difference in their lives. We think students need many of these special moments. We have thought long and hard about how to create them. An outstanding faculty and a rigorous college prep curriculum are important. So is the Benedictine vision of a learning community where members support one another. An upbeat campus atmosphere and the broad co-curricular program also set the stage for a balanced educational adventure. With our roots in the 1,500-year-old tradition of Catholic Benedictine education, we do much more than providing an outstanding college preparatory education. We welcome young people into a community where they feel uniquely known and loved. Priory students feel free to take intellectual and creative risks, to discover their passions, and to grow in heart, mind, and soul.St. Benedict advised us to "listen with the ear of our hearts." As a community of educators, we continually reflect on our practices, seek out cutting-edge educational thinking, and embrace better ways to meet our students' needs. Firmly grounded in our core Benedictine values of individuality, community, integrity, hospitality, and spirituality, we face the changing demands of the 21st century with confidence and innovation. Even our campus reflects our values. Ancient redwood trees stand alongside a state-of-the-art Performing Arts Center. Our monks stroll along a trail past a vast array of solar panels. In cozy outdoor plazas, teachers and students laugh and talk together. Our values are timeless. Our community is real. Our vision is far-reaching. Come to see what the Priory Way is all about.
- The Priory Admissions process is available on our website.
Profile last updated:
Endorse Woodside Priory School - The Priory. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.