Stevenson School - Pebble Beach Campus
- At Stevenson, we believe that education should do more than kindle students' delight in learning and prepare them for continued academic success.
- We believe that school can lay the groundwork for a joyful life.
- Stevenson's educational philosophy may be different from that of any other school you are considering.
- Our approach to education starts with you. We want you to love learning and achievement—but we also want you to love the arts, nature, recreation, friends and your own evolving perspective on the world.
- Respect yourself, and respect everyone else whose life touches yours.
- The Carmel Campus houses Pre-Kindergarten through 8th Grade day students.
- The Pebble Beach Campus houses grades 9-12, both boarding and day students.
Stevenson School - Pebble Beach Campus places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||559 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||59 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||23 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1360|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniform policy for PK-8 students)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$33,200|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition costs vary according to a student's enrollment status: boarding or day, and grade level. Please visit our website for the most up to date information.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Susan Rymzo|
|Admissions Associate||Bernadette Sotak|
|Total Sports Offered||19 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Fencing, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Kayaking, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Field Hockey, Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Water Polo,
- Make your life a splendid story. That’s the spirit of Stevenson. Stevenson School is a selective, co-ed college preparatory school for boarding and day students, nestled securely within the world-renowned coastal community of Pebble Beach, California. Named after storyteller and adventurer Robert Louis Stevenson, the school embraces his independent spirit by valuing challenge, creativity, curiosity, responsibility, and self-expression in all of its pursuits. Rigorous academics are the core of Stevenson’s program—with a 10:1 student-faculty ratio, average class size of 14, and 1:1 advisory program. Emphasizing critical thinking and inquiry-based learning, we offer 23 Advanced Placement classes, including BC Calculus, Chinese, Environmental Science, Art History—just to name a few. With 100% college acceptance, our trained College Center staff guides students to the right college that best fits their interests and strengths. One hundred thirty-one students had more than 578 college acceptances, just in the last year. Stevenson students will find endless ways to express themselves through our dynamic arts program. We offer three theatrical main stage productions a year and eight instrumental and vocal musical troupes; art classes ranging from painting, sculpture, and drawing to digital art, architecture, and fashion; ballet, jazz, and modern dance instruction, as well as the largest student-run radio station in the Western United States (KSPB 91.9). With 24 spirited and competitive interscholastic teams – including football, lacrosse, golf, water polo, soccer, field hockey, sailing, baseball, volleyball and much more - students can excel at a favorite sport and are welcome to try a new one. Our professional coaching staff is student-focused and values sportsmanship above all else—and teams bring home local, regional, and state championships. Go Pirates! Our 500 students maintain a community of respect, diversity, and friendships that last a lifetime--with a ratio of 60% boarding and 40% day, representing 25 countries and 19 states. And no matter where our students are from—Singapore, Kazakhstan, Mexico, or just around the corner--we prepare them to go to amazing places. What will your life’s story be Read our stories at stories.stevensonschool.org; visit us at www.stevensonschool.org.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Jose Grades: PK-12 | 2030 students
500 Saratoga Ave
San Jose, CA 95129
(408)249-2510 50.9 PK-12
- Claremont Grades: 9-12 | 407 students
1175 West Baseline Road
Claremont, CA 91711
(909)482-5214 291.9 9-12
- Portola Valley Grades: 6-12 | 375 students
302 Portola Road
Portola Valley, CA 94028
(650)851-8223 56.7 6-12
- Atherton Grades: 6-12 | 795 students
50 Valparaiso Ave
Atherton, CA 94027
(650)330-2000 61.6 6-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
It is illegal for an interviewer to ask certain questions at your job interview. Be aware of what they can and cannot ask you.
A Scholarship Funding Organization (SFO) is an organization which provides financial assistance for attendance at private school.
Not filling all the seats is a challenge many schools. Jason How offers some answers to common enrollment questions.