San Carlos School
- San Carlos School is a Catholic school. San Carlos School is a ministry of San Carlos Cathedral Parish.
- Our mission is to model and teach Christian life, to integrate academic excellence and skills with Gospel values, and to create a mutually supportive community.
- Our academic faith community fosters the development of the whole person -- mind, body and spirit.
- By promoting academic excellence and personal growth, individual gifts are cultivated, Gospel values are affirmed, and opportunities to experience God are nurtured.
- San Carlos School encourages a partnership with parents, who are the first educators, to guide our students to become value-oriented, compassionate, self-disciplined, responsible citizens.
- We prepare our students to be life-long learners who possess an appreciation for humanity and all of God's creation.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||280 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,400|
|Admissions Director||Cathy Marino-Edwards|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Track and FieldBasketball, Flag Football,|
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Student Government, Yearbook Clu|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Monterey Grades: 9-12 | 246 students
1500 Mark Thomas Dr.
Monterey, CA 93940
(831)655-9300 1.3 9-12
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.