San Carlos School
- San Carlos School is a Catholic school. San Carlos School is a ministry of San Carlos Cathedral Parish.
- Our mission is to model and teach Christian life, to integrate academic excellence and skills with Gospel values, and to create a mutually supportive community.
- Our academic faith community fosters the development of the whole person -- mind, body and spirit.
- By promoting academic excellence and personal growth, individual gifts are cultivated, Gospel values are affirmed, and opportunities to experience God are nurtured.
- San Carlos School encourages a partnership with parents, who are the first educators, to guide our students to become value-oriented, compassionate, self-disciplined, responsible citizens.
- We prepare our students to be life-long learners who possess an appreciation for humanity and all of God's creation.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||297 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,400|
|Admissions Director||Cathy Marino-Edwards|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Track and FieldBasketball, Flag Football,|
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Student Government, Yearbook Club|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Monterey Grades: PK-12 | 419 students
1500 Mark Thomas Dr.
Monterey, CA 93940
(831) 655-9321 1.3 PK-12
- Pebble Beach Grades: 9-12
3152 Forest Lake Road
Pebble Beach, CA 93953
(831) 625-8300 3.4 9-12
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?