San Carlos School
- San Carlos School is a Catholic school. San Carlos School is a ministry of San Carlos Cathedral Parish.
- Our mission is to model and teach Christian life, to integrate academic excellence and skills with Gospel values, and to create a mutually supportive community.
- Our academic faith community fosters the development of the whole person -- mind, body and spirit.
- By promoting academic excellence and personal growth, individual gifts are cultivated, Gospel values are affirmed, and opportunities to experience God are nurtured.
- San Carlos School encourages a partnership with parents, who are the first educators, to guide our students to become value-oriented, compassionate, self-disciplined, responsible citizens.
- We prepare our students to be life-long learners who possess an appreciation for humanity and all of God's creation.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||280 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,400|
|Admissions Director||Cathy Marino-Edwards|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Track and FieldBasketball, Flag Football,|
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Student Government, Yearbook Club|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Monterey Grades: 9-12 | 246 students
1500 Mark Thomas Dr.
Monterey, CA 93940
(831)655-9300 1.3 9-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.