Junipero Serra School
- Junipero Serra School, located at the historic Carmel Mission (founded by St. Junipero Serra), is inclusive of students from all over the Carmel/Monterey/Salinas area. All JSS teachers are state-certified (or enrolled in a teacher program) and have earned bachelor degrees and higher.
- Junipero Serra School is accredited through the Western Catholic Education Association (WCEA) and recognized by the National Association of Accredited Schools (NAAS).
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||157 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||17 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,077|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-K: 7200 Kindergarten: 7077 First - Eighth: $6505|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Flag Football, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballFlag Football, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Junipero Serra School, located at the historic Carmel Mission (founded by St. Junipero Serra), is inclusive of students from all over the Carmel/Monterey/Salinas area. All JSS teachers are state-certified (or enrolled in a teacher program) and have earned bachelor degrees and higher. Grades preschool through 5 are self-contained with teachers exchanging classes when appropriate. Grades 6, 7, and 8 are departmentalized with a teacher serving as both a homeroom teacher and subject specific teacher.The rigorous curriculum meets the California State Standards and is designed to provide the students with high engagement in all subjects, while inspiring them to seek academic success in high school and at the university level. The JSS grade level expectations are based on the California K 12 Learning Standards issued by the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction. Junipero Serra School takes pride in offering a challenging curriculum of instruction in all subject areas. Curriculum subject areas include religion, English/language arts (reading, writing, spelling, speaking, listening), mathematics, social studies (history, geography, civics), science, fine arts (music, art), physical education, health, and computer studies.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MontereyGrades: KG-8 | 287 students
450 Church St
Monterey, CA 93940
CarmelGrades: NS-8 | 204 students
8060 Carmel Valley Road
Carmel, CA 93923
SalinasGrades: NS-8 | 339 students
123 W Market St
Salinas, CA 93901
MontereyGrades: 9-12 | 246 students
1500 Mark Thomas Dr.
Monterey, CA 93940
SalinasGrades: PK-8 | 290 students
20 Santa Teresa Way
Salinas, CA 93906
I love this school so much, they have been our second home. Everyone is friendly and caring, my children thrives in this school because of the positive environment it offers. They are not only excellent academically but they have the best and well behave students I have ever encountered. Polite, respectful, intelligent and loving children they treat each other like family. It's a place like no other. We've been here since 2009 and we will stay until all my children graduate from this school.
- Posted by Parent - 2009-2019
Junipero Serra School is an amazing school with a very prevalent "community" feel.
- Posted by Parent - theko