Xaverian High School
- Xaverian High School is a college preparatory school which provides educational opportunity for learners of all types.
- Rooted in the missionary charism of St. Francis Xavier and consistent with the principles and commitment of the founder of the Xaverian Brothers in America, Theodore Ryken, Xaverian High School is dedicated to the development of the person through academic excellence, extracurricular involvement, and Christian service to neighbor and community.
- Faithful to the spirit of its founder, Theodore James Ryken, Xaverian High School responds creatively to the challenges of the present and the future by being a place in which people are attentive to the Lord's call to learn, to serve and to become contributors to the freedom, beauty, and wholeness of themselves and others; where people are prepared to serve their brothers and sisters in ways that are appropriate to their dignity as children of God, and thus become persons living in close relationship with Jesus, their brother.
- A Xaverian High School education has a profound effect on the lives of its students.
- As a Xaverian Brothers prep school, we provide academic opportunities to a diverse student body, enabling a realizing of potential, imparting an understanding of commitment, and creating a desire to excel.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
State or regional independent school association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||1,225 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||93 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-8 | 178 students
440 Ovington Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11209
(718)748-9502 0.8 PK-8
- Brooklyn Grades: NS-12 | 1120 students
9216 Seventh Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11228
(718)836-9800 1.8 NS-12
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.