Yeshivah Education For Special Students
- Yeshiva Education for Special Students was founded in September of 1992.
- It is the only full-service, professional, special education yeshiva elementary school in Queens, serving girls and boys, grades K-8, with learning disabilities, ADD and language processing disorders.
- In addition to full curricula in both general and Judaic studies, YESS! is unique in offering individualized integration and mainstreaming at the award-winning Yeshiva of Central Queens.
- YESS! is located on the premises of YCQ and our students are embraced by YCQ students, administrators, and faculty members.
- In the recent past, YESS! students have starred on the YCQ basketball team, sparkled in the YCQ choir, and lained and davened for the YCQ minyan.
- It is the philosophy of YESS! that all Jewish children, regardless of their cognitive or physical challenges, have a place in the mainstream of the Jewish community.
- YESS! is committed to maintaining a nurturing, creative, child-centered school environment, to implementing the latest and finest methods of individualized special education for general and Judaic studies, and to maximizing mainstreaming and integration for each child.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||21 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: 1-12
252 West 29th Street 3rd Floor. New York, NY 10001
New York, NY 10001
(212)256-0846 8.6 1-12
- Bronx Grades: PK-12 | 312 students
999 Pelham Pkwy N
Bronx, NY 10469
(718)519-7000 6.4 PK-12
- Brooklyn Grades: NS-8 | 36 students
49 Avenue T
Brooklyn, NY 11223
(718)714-7400 14.1 NS-8
- Brooklyn Grades: K-12 | 99 students
567 Kingston Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11203
(718)498-2500 9.4 K-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.