York Country Day School
- York Country Day is a college preparatory school actively engaged in the pursuit of excellence.
- We are committed to every student developing exceptional communication and problem-solving skills by focusing on the whole child, the process of learning, and collaborative inquiry-driven classrooms.
- Educating students in preschool through grade 12, we strive to produce graduates who will make significant contributions throughout their lives as self-reliant, ethical, and compassionate leaders.
- We seek to encourage in students a love of learning which will allow them to continue to seek knowledge and understanding throughout their lifetimes.
- To this end we encourage students to take an active role in the learning process.
- Throughout their years at Country Day, students are provided with the skills necessary for independent inquiry, critical thinking, and critical expression.
- Although our academic program is challenging and is designed for students who possess high academic goals, we do recognize the uniqueness of each individual child and strive to help each fulfill his or her potential.
- We are concerned with the overall growth of our students.
- Recognizing that self-esteem is the core of a strong character and that success breeds success, York Country Day provides various opportunities in the classroom and/or through co-curricular activities to allow each student to discover individual strengths.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||250 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Advanced Courses||Studio Art|
|Average SAT score||1350|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$10,485|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Associate||Hannah Holliway|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Greek Mythology, Mock Trial, Quiz Bowl, Science Olympiad, Service Club|
Club or Organization:
Model UN, Student Government, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
- Please visit the school's website.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- YorkGrades: NS-12 | 386 students
907 Greenbriar Rd
York, PA 17404
- YorkGrades: 7-12 | 685 students
601 E Springettsbury Ave
York, PA 17403
- Red LionGrades: PK-12 | 245 students
105 Springvale Rd
Red Lion, PA 17356
- YorkGrades: PK-12 | 128 students
4190 N Susquehanna Trl
York, PA 17404
- ElizabethtownGrades: NS-12 | 418 students
629 Holly Street
Elizabethtown, PA 17022