Zion Lutheran School
5.00 (4 reviews)
Tel: (952) 466-3379
- A small, private, Lutheran school, located about two miles southwest of Cologne on County Road 153 (right off Hwy 212), we emphasizes the importance of a Christ-centered education, small class sizes, and a family atmosphere to provide our students with the best environment where they meet and exceed benchmarks set by other area schools.
- Because of our small class sizes, we are able to work closely with parents, ensuring that the needs of each student are being met as well as allot the time needed to ensure that every child is where they need to be, in order to be successful.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association|
National Lutheran Schools Accreditation
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||29 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||4 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$1,100|
|Tuition Notes||2nd Student = $825 3rd Student = $550 4th Student = $275 Any additional students enrolled are free.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Leah Janzen|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Track and Field
- Zion is a small school with teachers dedicated to teaching the essential elementary courses guided with a Christian perspective and worldview. The Bible is respected as the Word of God, which guides us in faith and life. School begins with devotion time and chapel service on Friday. Respect is shown to one another; this school is very much like family. Our school maintains a low tuition rate to make it affordable for families. Zion is associated with Mayer Lutheran High School, providing excellent secondary education ( http://www.mayerlutheran.org ).
- For official standing with the Lutheran Church (Missouri Synod) follow this link:
- http://locator.lcms.org/nschools_frm/s_detail.asp S191835
Zion is a family where everyone can grow. They handled the distance learning this year like pros. My son was in sixth grade and his teacher made it a point to spend an hour or more on the phone with each child answering questions, reviewing homework, and being an awesome teacher. We have been very blessed with the academics here and the teachers being flexible with things like tutoring and drop off/pickup times. Another nice option is they have bus service available thru both NYA and Waconia school districts.
- Posted by Parent - Cassandra Kemp
I am a former student of Zion and am now blessed to be the 1st and 2nd grade teacher there. I'm thrilled my own three daughter are able to go to Zion. I know each day they enter the school, they are known as individuals. With our small class sizes, each teacher grows to know each student very well. The older students are encouraging and nurturing to the younger students. My daughters' teacher are very dedicated, even offering extra help after school if they are struggling with something. I love this school.
- Posted by Parent - Brittany
I couldn't imagine a better place for my children to attend school than here at Zion. The teachers are so warm and welcoming my kids feel like they are home when they go to school. Their teachers work very hard to make sure they are where they need to be academically. With a child that struggles sometimes with anxiety, this place has been a blessing for her and she finds herself thriving in areas that used to push her to tears. Zion is the most wonderful setting a parent could ask for.
- Posted by Parent - Leah Janzen
As the current principal of Zion, it is important to me that every student receives a top-notch education that is very personalized due to the small class sizes. Being able to share my faith with students, and seeing everyone acting like they are all part of one, big family is what makes Zion great!
- Posted by Administrator - Chris Dehning
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.