Academy Primary School & Child Development Center
- Academy Primary School and Child Development Center is a private school under the auspices of Academy Child Development Center, Inc. which is a not-for-profit educational company and child care provider founded in 1981. Located on the Academy Hills campus which is convenient to Great Seneca Highway, I 270, Shady Grove Road, and Darnestown Road.
- We also offer a wide variety of program options for children 3 months to 12 years of age at several locations in Montgomery County, Maryland.
- Children are our focus and our staff make up the foundation of our programs.
- The experience, education, and low turnover of teachers and assistants ensure continuity of quality programming.
- All centers share a common mission and are licensed by Maryland's Office Child Care.
- Because of the uniqueness of each community we serve, different centers may maintain additional affiliations.
- Diversity of staff and families. In partnership with families, community and early childhood experts, Academy continues to grow and develop within the scope of our "Building Blocks for Life" philosophy.
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-2|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||84 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jul. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$16,000|
|Tuition Notes||Grades Kindergarten First Second|
|Admissions Director||Megan McHale|
|Admissions Associate||Melanie Guyton|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Dance, SoccerBasketball, Dance,|
- Private MSDE Approved Nursery School through Second grade.
- Our programs are approved, accredited and licensed by the Maryland State Department of Education.
- Specialized instruction in motor development, Spanish and the arts.
- Small class size provides individualized learning opportunities.
- Orton-Gillingham approach.
- Our teachers all have experience and education in early childhood and over 41% have taught at Academy for more than five years.
- School hours: 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Extended Hours Available: Before school starts at 7:00 a.m. After school closes at 6:30 p.m. Holiday care options available.
- Academy's school programs operate approximately 170-180 school days per year.
- Our bright and open facility was specifically designed for our early education program.
- Dress Code: Uniforms for Kindergarten Students (Navy, White & Khaki).
- Active Parent Teacher eXchange (PTeX) Group.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kensington Grades: PK-5 | 107 students
9411 Connecticut Avenue
Kensington, MD 20895
(301)949-5860 9.1 PK-5
- Rockville Grades: K-6 | 51 students
6125 Tuckerman Lane
Rockville, MD 20852
(301)556-5010 6.1 K-6
- Rockville Grades: K | 20 students
11545 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
(301)415-0777 6.2 K
Nearby Homes for Sale
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.