Academy Primary School & Child Development Center
- Academy Primary School and Child Development Center is a private school under the auspices of Academy Child Development Center, Inc. which is a not-for-profit educational company and child care provider founded in 1981. Located on the Academy Hills campus which is convenient to Great Seneca Highway, I 270, Shady Grove Road, and Darnestown Road.
- We also offer a wide variety of program options for children 3 months to 12 years of age at several locations in Montgomery County, Maryland.
- Children are our focus and our staff make up the foundation of our programs.
- The experience, education, and low turnover of teachers and assistants ensure continuity of quality programming.
- All centers share a common mission and are licensed by Maryland's Office Child Care.
- Because of the uniqueness of each community we serve, different centers may maintain additional affiliations.
- Diversity of staff and families. In partnership with families, community and early childhood experts, Academy continues to grow and develop within the scope of our "Building Blocks for Life" philosophy.
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-2|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||84 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jul. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$16,000|
|Tuition Notes||Grades Kindergarten First Second|
|Admissions Director||Megan McHale|
|Admissions Associate||Melanie Guyton|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Dance, SoccerBasketball, Dance,|
- Private MSDE Approved Nursery School through Second grade.
- Our programs are approved, accredited and licensed by the Maryland State Department of Education.
- Specialized instruction in motor development, Spanish and the arts.
- Small class size provides individualized learning opportunities.
- Orton-Gillingham approach.
- Our teachers all have experience and education in early childhood and over 41% have taught at Academy for more than five years.
- School hours: 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Extended Hours Available: Before school starts at 7:00 a.m. After school closes at 6:30 p.m. Holiday care options available.
- Academy's school programs operate approximately 170-180 school days per year.
- Our bright and open facility was specifically designed for our early education program.
- Dress Code: Uniforms for Kindergarten Students (Navy, White & Khaki).
- Active Parent Teacher eXchange (PTeX) Group.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kensington Grades: PK-5 | 107 students
9411 Connecticut Avenue
Kensington, MD 20895
(301)949-5860 9.1 PK-5
- Rockville Grades: K-6 | 51 students
6125 Tuckerman Lane
Rockville, MD 20852
(301)556-5010 6.1 K-6
- Rockville Grades: K | 20 students
11545 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
(301)415-0777 6.2 K
Nearby Homes for Sale
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.