Acton Academy East Bay
Tel: (925) 264-9477
Acton Academy East Bay utilizes a blend of state-of-the-art learning software, real-world projects, Socratic discussions and a Hero's Journey dialogue in a student-driven, multi-age learning studio.
Our studio structure ensures that Guides create and facilitate the learning environment, but empowers students to take ownership of their individual learning path and collective studio governance.
Acton Academy East Bay places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||43 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$23,500|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
|Admissions Director||Kate Dao|
|Admissions Associate||Tony Yeh|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
- 01. Acton Academy uses the latest technology in a self-paced learning environment that is designed to foster responsibility, goal-setting, and teamwork. Acton students are empowered to thrive in a world that needs independent, motivated thinkers and learners.
- 02. We believe children learn best by doing. Whether it`s launching a startup business, creating a tidepool habitat, playing a musical instrument, painting a mosaic, or programming a robot, Acton students are building real-life skills in the classroom every day.
- 03. We believe the learning experience is much richer when the teacher ("Guide") offers insightful questions and facilitates hands on learning. Guides use the Socratic method, always responding to students` questions with new questions. This exchange hones students` critical thinking skills.
- 04. Acton Academy is "student led." This means young people take ownership of their education and peer relationships. Acton students learn to think independently, take responsibility and embrace challenge. They are being prepared to bring their own unique genius to the world.
- 05. We believe in the power of apprenticeships. Beginning in middle school, our students obtain summer internships in a field they are passionate about. Acton students have interned with doctors, entrepreneur bakers, plumbers, attorneys and graphic designers. What will your child choose?
- 06. We encourage our students to develop personal virtues such as honesty, hard work, responsibility, kindness and empathy. Armed with purpose and good character, we believe our students will launch into adulthood prepared to find their calling and change the world.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Livermore Grades: NS-10 | 50 students
1135 Bluebell Drive
Livermore, CA 94551
(925) 277-4313 4.6 NS-10
- Livermore Grades: PK-8 | 348 students
1385 S Livermore Ave
Livermore, CA 94550
(925) 447-1246 4.2 PK-8
- Livermore Grades: PK-8 | 490 students
1273 N Livermore Avenue
Livermore, CA 94551
(925) 455-8021 2.5 PK-8
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.