- The fundamental tenet of the program is that students will learn to direct and manage their own learning.
- The goal of the teacher with respect to the student is to create an environment that encourages the pursuit of excellence in all facets of a student's work, to stimulate a sense of curiosity and a love of learning, and to encourage the development of independence and individual responsibility as well as a social conscience.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||67 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$1,545|
|Tuition Notes||Depends on program level and hours requested. Call for information|
|Admissions Director||Jo Anne Camara|
- *Individualized Curriculum *Superior Academic Preparation *Cultivation of Gifts and Talents * Emphasis on Personal Values and Thinking Skills * Year-round, all-day, Montessori based Education for Ages Birth-14.
- Chinese and Spanish language classes
- After-school Chinese immersion program
- Daily Physical Education
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Alameda Grades: 9-12 | 423 students
1011 Chestnut Street
Alameda, CA 94501
(510)523-1526 21.8 9-12
- Livermore Grades: NS-8 | 437 students
1273 N Livermore Avenue
Livermore, CA 94551
(925)455-8021 5.2 NS-8
Contract cheating is more common than most of us realize. Finding somebody online to write essays or term papers is fairly easy to do. The way we parents counter immoral behavior like this is to discuss it frequently with our children.
As you begin to evaluate schools, keep these five basic questions in mind.
The Cristo Rey Network of schools currently comprises some 26 schools in 17 states and the District of Columbia. Truth is they are just getting started.