- The fundamental tenet of the program is that students will learn to direct and manage their own learning.
- The goal of the teacher with respect to the student is to create an environment that encourages the pursuit of excellence in all facets of a student's work, to stimulate a sense of curiosity and a love of learning, and to encourage the development of independence and individual responsibility as well as a social conscience.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||67 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$1,545|
|Tuition Notes||Depends on program level and hours requested. Call for information|
|Admissions Director||Jo Anne Camara|
- *Individualized Curriculum *Superior Academic Preparation *Cultivation of Gifts and Talents * Emphasis on Personal Values and Thinking Skills * Year-round, all-day, Montessori based Education for Ages Birth-14.
- Chinese and Spanish language classes
- After-school Chinese immersion program
- Daily Physical Education
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Alameda Grades: 9-12 | 423 students
1011 Chestnut Street
Alameda, CA 94501
(510)523-1526 21.8 9-12
- Livermore Grades: NS-8 | 437 students
1273 N Livermore Avenue
Livermore, CA 94551
(925)455-8021 5.2 NS-8
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.