Valley Montessori School
- Our Mission: Valley Montessori School educates the whole child and inspires a joyful pursuit of learning.
- Our Values: Authentic Montessori Philosophy VMS is guided by the principles and techniques of Maria Montessori to deliver a rich, engaging learning environment.
- VMS is accredited by the American Montessori Society and adheres to authentic practices recommended by this organisation.
- The Child VMS teachers guide children to self-discovery by embracing curiosity, creativity, and individual choice through meaningful work, so that they can realise their own unique journey.
- Academic Excellence VMS students are encouraged, empowered, and equipped to reach their highest potential.
- Respect VMS cultivates a harmonious environment of esteem, fairness and value for oneself, the classroom, the community and the world.
- Building Community & Global Citizens VMS fosters a deep sense of citizenship in the classroom that carries into family and beyond and develops ambassadors of positive change.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||437 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||55 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Elyssa Bishop|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Guitar, Piano
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.