Valley Montessori School
- Our Mission: Valley Montessori School educates the whole child and inspires a joyful pursuit of learning.
- Our Values: Authentic Montessori Philosophy VMS is guided by the principles and techniques of Maria Montessori to deliver a rich, engaging learning environment.
- VMS is accredited by the American Montessori Society and adheres to authentic practices recommended by this organisation.
- The Child VMS teachers guide children to self-discovery by embracing curiosity, creativity, and individual choice through meaningful work, so that they can realise their own unique journey.
- Academic Excellence VMS students are encouraged, empowered, and equipped to reach their highest potential.
- Respect VMS cultivates a harmonious environment of esteem, fairness and value for oneself, the classroom, the community and the world.
- Building Community & Global Citizens VMS fosters a deep sense of citizenship in the classroom that carries into family and beyond and develops ambassadors of positive change.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||437 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||55 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Elyssa Bishop|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Guitar, Piano
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.