Adda Clevenger School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- The Adda Clevenger School starts with a simple idea: children who are having fun at school will learn more at school. When children look forward to their school day, they jump out of bed in the morning with purpose, anticipation, and a mind ready to learn. When they come to school, they are met with joy and love, by teachers who find them fascinating and exciting. A day that includes music, dance, art and constant physical activity along with math, science, history and language arts, engages students mentally and physically, both with their world and with each other. A school year full of chances to be stars, but also to stumble and blush, lets them grow into adults whose confidence is based in experience. When they come to school, our students fill the space around them with song, laughter, motion and energy. The school day and the schoolhouse become the place and time of play and learning. At Adda Clevenger, the Students are the School.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||136 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$27,262|
|Tuition Notes||5% sibling discount|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Benjamin Harrison|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Art Classes, Chorus, Dance, Drama, Musical Theater, Speech and Debate, Stage Techs
- Adda Clevenger was established to serve children who are able to accomplish more than they are allowed to do in a regular classroom, where the teacher must pay close attention to students who require more repetition. Quick learners often do not get their time`s worth out of the school day. We believe quick learners have the potential to perform at `gifted and talented` levels if given the opportunity. The academic performance of both average and above average learners is enhanced by a faster pace and higher expectations.
- The arts are fully integrated and essential components of our program, offering students a variety of opportunities throughout the school day to move, collaborate, explore, challenge themselves, create and have fun. Arts classes are fun, but they are also serious. Students develop substantial skills and achieve levels of mastery that can only be attained through consistent and continuous application over a number of years. The daily doses of dance, music, drama, creativity and gymnastics make the school day fly by and keep our students energetic, healthy, mentally alert and physically fit.
- In addition to fostering intellectual curiosity and developing a healthy appetite for academic success, our accelerated program also makes it possible for many of our graduates to place into honors sections of one or more high school freshman classes, putting them on track for advanced placement courses later in high school. Thus Adda Clevenger students continue to "get more out of their time spent in school" long after they graduate.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Francisco Grades: PK-8 | 195 students
1387 Valencia St
San Francisco, CA 94110
(415)567-6177 0.3 PK-8
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 293 students
1555 Mariposa Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
(415)861-8840 1.5 K-8
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 232 students
3839 Washington Street
San Francisco, CA 94118
(415)751-9318 3 K-8
- San Francisco Grades: K-7 | 397 students
350 Masonic Ave
San Francisco, CA 94118
(415)931-2422 2.1 K-7
Our kindergarten daughter is thriving here and can't wait to go to school each day. The school places a heavy emphasis on music, dance, gymnastics and performing, which makes it a great fit for high energy and creative kids. I''m continually amazed at the level of musical education she is receiving at 5. The classes are small, which means all of the teachers get to know my daughter well and the breadth of the curriculum for a kindergartener is very impressive. The school feels like a large family and I can't imagine a better place for teaching poise, confidence and creativity.
- Posted by Parent - jenny
Adda Clevenger is a gem of a school. A bit different than most private schools, Adda offers a unique self-esteem building combination of performing arts (ballet, tap, choir, acting, gymnastics) with an excellent math, science, history and language and visual arts curriculum. The small class sizes, combined with an extended day and academic calendar, allow for this school to stay ahead of the curve and offer an excellent, well-rounded education. Students graduate happy and are accepted into the top high schools in San Francisco.
- Posted by Parent - raque
The benefits of studying a dead language.
Tuition at private schools varies from nothing at a few schools to over $100,000 for the most expensive school.
Finding a school which will accept your child after the normal admissions deadline has passed is not easy. But it can be done.