5.00 (1 review)
Alpine Academy Photo #4 - When children are in small groups, they make better friends and have a more peaceful day.
- Alpine Academy is a state-licensed and nationally-accredited school in Oakland Township for children from one to six years old.
- Our classes include Tiny Tots, Pre-School, Young Fives and Kindergarten.
- We pride ourselves on our experienced and compassionate teachers, small class sizes, and beautiful facility with two large playgrounds.
- We are open year-round and offer half-day, full-day, and flexible schedule options.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Rates vary. Please contact us for more information.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||65 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||K-5 After school Spanish|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Rates vary. Please contact us for more information.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Michelle Schepke|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
- Alpine Academy is a state-licensed and nationally-accredited school in Oakland Township for children from one to six years old. Our classes include Tiny Tots, Pre-School, Young Fives and Kindergarten. We are open year-round from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Parents may choose part-time or full-time. We have very small groups, each with its own classroom and teacher. We believe the small groups are important in creating a family atmosphere, where the children can really get to know each other and become good friends. The small groups also allow the teachers to teach more and the children to learn more. We have kind and experienced teachers. All of them have at least seven years experience in their own classrooms. Some of our teachers are certified, and others are studying to get their certificates. Most importantly, they are kind and generous people who love to work with children. We believe that each child is unique. We observe each child, plan learning activities according to their current interests, and challenge them according to their own strengths and needs. We want each child to develop self-confidence and learn at his or her own pace. We strive to present a program that finds the perfect balance between play and academics. It is our goal to help the children make friends and have fun at the same time that we are helping prepare our children for the years ahead.
Profile last updated:
My son transitioned from a larger preschool to Alpine's smaller class size and it's been such a positive experience for us! He now loves going to school, he shows so much more confidence in himself and with others, and he has a strong relationship with his teacher and peers, which we feel we owe to the wonderful & friendly staff in combination with the small class size. He's learned so much! When he comes home he's excited to tell mom & dad all that he learned that day (including his Spanish words!). Alpine has really set a positive foundation and we would recommend this school to anyone interested in starting their child off on the right foot! Thank you Alpine!
- Posted by Parent - erick
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.