American Hebrew Academy
- The American Hebrew Academy is the only international Jewish college prep boarding school in the world.
- Since its founding in 2001, the Academy has inspired intellectually adventurous teenagers from 31 states and 38 countries to pursue excellence in a one-of-a-kind academic environment.The diverse culture, customs, and values of Judaism challenge Academy students of all backgrounds to maximize their full academic, personal, and spiritual potential which serve as the foundation for lifelong learning, community service, and global engagement.
- Rigorous study, experiential learning, competitive athletics, creative arts, travel around the world, and leadership development are at the core of the Academy's holistic curriculum.The American Hebrew Academy boasts an internationally acclaimed faculty and staff, state-of-the-art facilities, the world's largest closed loop geothermal heating and cooling system, and a stunning 100-acre lakefront campus in Greensboro, North Carolina.
- Graduates are regularly admitted to prestigious colleges and universities and go on to positions of leadership in business, medicine, law, finance, social service, and the Jewish community in the United States, Israel, and around the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Total Students||152 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$42,000|
|Tuition Notes||Non-Boarding School: $24000 $1200 Technology fee|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$19,000|
|Admissions Director||Barbara Greenstein Boyette|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Golf, Kayaking, Paddle Tennis, Rock Climbing, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Climbing, Cross Country,
Paddle Tennis, Rock Climbing,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||19 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
AHArai Student Ambassador Program, Comic Book Club, Cooking Club, Creative Writing Club, Environmental Club "Green Team", Four Corners Tzedakah Fund, Israel Club, Madrichim Senior Prefect Program, Shabbat Club, Sister to Sister, Social Action Board, Social Dance Club, Special Olympics Leadership Team, Student Government, Student Jewish Life Committee, Student Programming Committee, The Happiness Club, Theatrical Club
Arts and Music Programs:
- The American Hebrew Academy was established to provide an outstanding co educational college preparatory program and Jewish secondary education to intellectually motivated and academically able students who are prepared to engage in the rigorous discipline of its dual curriculum. The Academy seeks to educate the whole student, mind, body and soul. The curriculum combines humanities and the arts, natural sciences and mathematics, social sciences, technology, physical education and sports. It incorporates the texts, traditions, history, practices and beliefs of the Jewish people. This enriching curriculum is taught within the setting of a liberal, pluralistic Jewish boarding school for grades nine through twelve. At the American Hebrew Academy, the culture and values of the Jewish people create the living environment for the school community that nurtures and challenges each student to maximize his or her academic, personal and spiritual development. We seek to produce young adults whose strength of character and Jewish identity become lifelong resources for personal growth, commitment to the creative continuity of the Jewish people, and the improvement of the world in which we live; while preparing students for admission to the finest colleges and universities and positions of leadership in the Jewish community.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Windsor Grades: PK-12 | 215 students
148 Avoca Farm Rd
Windsor, NC 27983
(252)482-4748 173.6 PK-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.