Open to junior high and high school aged full-time and home-schooled students, Skybridge combines rigorous, inquiry-based academics with practical hands-on activities to engage students fully and deeply in learning.
All our classes across different disciplines are especially compelling because we incorporate designed-based learning activities, Socratic discussions, and individualized student projects.
We strive to provide comprehensive and student-centered education that develops learners' intelligence, empowering them to find their own paths for life after graduation.
- School Type: Alternative School
- Grades: Kindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 58 students
- Yearly Tuition: $16,500
- Acceptance rate: 85%
- Average class size: 8 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
% on Financial Aid
National avg.: 85%
Ariel Dochstader Miller
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Arts and Music Programs:
- By definition, intelligence is the ability to learn and apply knowledge. At Skybridge Academy, we approach our educational program with the belief that intelligence is not a predetermined trait. It is a quality that can be developed, and it is fully realized in a student-centered learning environment. We are fueled by this belief to create opportunities for meaningful learning to foster intellectual vitality and advance high levels of literacy. As a team we encourage and support students in asking meaningful questions, taking initiative, and persevering to find answers.
- The students are the center of how we design our curricula and classes. Our courses are created through a constructive dialogue between students and teachers. This is a highly dynamic process wherein the schedule and course offerings change every semester. We are flexible about content because we prioritize the progression of conceptual understanding, which can be done through several areas of interest.
- We recognize that given the depth and breadth of knowledge that is easily accessible by a person, it is irrelevant to teach only the facts. Instead, we firmly believe in the development of a conceptual framework that becomes the foundation for bridging different areas of interest. Our focus is on each student attaining mastery, where they have a strong grasp of fundamental knowledge through which they build a conceptual framework.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Appamada School (fmr Skybridge Academy) cost?
Appamada School (fmr Skybridge Academy)'s tuition is approximately $16,500 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of Appamada School (fmr Skybridge Academy)?
The acceptance rate of Appamada School (fmr Skybridge Academy) is 85%, which is equal to the national average of 85%.
When is the application deadline for Appamada School (fmr Skybridge Academy)?
The application deadline for Appamada School (fmr Skybridge Academy) is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Appamada School (fmr Skybridge Academy). Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.
SEO for Private Schools - Part 3: Using Social Media
Social media for private K-12 schools is a bit different from social media for businesses. Some tips and strategies here.
The Pros and Cons of Teaching Overseas
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.