Apple Orchard School
Our mission is to build an environment of trust and instill a lifelong love of learning within our active farm community.
We spend a great deal of time outdoors and believe the farm, animals, trees, and fields are central to learning and to the development of the whole child.
Through hands-on exploration and play, we strive to strengthen your child`s self-image as confident and capable learners.
Our teachers create an environment of trust that encourages your child to take chances, develop peer connections, and pursue their natural curiosity with the excitement of teachable moments.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten
- Enrollment: 98 students
- Average class size: 13 students
- Application Deadline: Dec. 5
- Source: Verified school update
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 30%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
children play outdoors and get dirty
children play outdoors and get dirty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
% on Financial Aid
- We believe preschool children learn best through hands-on exploration and play, which is at the core of our curriculum. Play develops precisely the qualities children need to lead happy, productive lives such as persistence, planning, problem solving, ability to communicate, and capacity to collaborate.
- Play is a primary learning path at Apple Orchard School, and our unique farm environment provides unlimited opportunity for skills learned through play to be applied to classroom foundational learning. At this age, we believe that sitting and having a child count blocks doesn`t compare to jumping from stump to stump while counting, or noticing how many ducks are on a pond one day compared to the next. We want to capitalize on what engages children at this age so that they are excited and interested in learning!
- We use the farm around us not simply because it is available, but also because there is a direct and positive correlation between contact with nature, imaginative play and learning. Both inside and out of the classroom, we do frequent art projects and participate in the exploration of building, estimating, measuring, and structural problem solving in keeping with the trend of STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, and math).
- One parent captured our curriculum focus well stating, "I am thrilled that we have been able to find a preschool for our daughter that elevates play and concrete activities over academic concerns. You don`t pretend to do things, but you really do them. I love it that the kids pick vegetables, collect eggs, and cook snacks together. I think it`s nothing short of fabulous that the children got to watch ducks raised from eggs and set free on the pond."
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Apple Orchard School?
The application deadline for Apple Orchard School is Dec. 5.
View the Apple Orchard School yearly calendar below.
All three of our children attended Apple Orchard School and absolutely loved it. It's farm environment offers an unrivaled opportunity for learning and play. For our children, it inspired a lifelong love of school and learning.
Endorse Apple Orchard School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
How To Find The School You Want
Finding the right school for your child is a major project. However, if you tackle it methodically, you will get good results. Here's a roadmap to finding the school you want.
Private School Supplies
Your child will need lots of supplies when she goes off to private school. These lists will help get you organized.
A Baker's Dozen of 'Must Have' Sites
Here are my picks for 'must have' web sites when it comes to finding out about private K-12 schools.