Assumption Early Childhood Center
- We are a small, Catholic preschool serving students ranging in age from 2-5 years old.
- We are also a state licensed facility. All of our teachers are certified and everyone on our staff has professional educational hours.
- Weekly, the children take these specials...Art, Music. Gym, Technology and Spanish.
- We follow NJ State standards as well as the Archdiocese of Newark curriculum.
- Tours are conducted throughout the school year...just call 201-262-0300 to schedule one!.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||83 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||We offer three and five day programs as well as half and full days|
- Assumption was a Catholic parochial school founded in 1938 by the Franciscan Friars and the Franciscan Sisters of Allegany. Embracing a holistic and developmental approach to learning, we emphasize basic skills as the building blocks of education, coupled with remediation for struggling learners and challenging programs for high achievers. High standards of academic achievement and moral behavior based on Gospel values are expected of our students according to their abilities and learning styles so that Assumption can live up to its motto, "A community of faith teaching a world of knowledge."
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Emerson Grades: PK-K | 70 students
35 Jefferson Ave
Emerson, NJ 07630
(201)262-0300 0.1 PK-K
- Westwood Grades: PK-8 | 104 students
64 1st Ave
Westwood, NJ 07675
(201)664-8060 1 PK-8
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.