Avon Montessori Academy
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (440) 934-1774
- Avon Montessori Academy is proud to provide a traditional Montessori learning environment for children 18 months to sixth grade. All our programs support the learning needs of the whole child - intellectually, physcially, and emotionally.
- We strive to inspire by planting seeds of wisdom, character, community, and ecology.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||80 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Elyria Grades: PK-12 | 129 students
11400 Lagrange Rd
Elyria, OH 44035
(440) 458-5185 10.1 PK-12
- Lorain Grades: K-6 | 110 students
4125 Leavitt Road
Lorain, OH 44053
(440) 960-1100 9 K-6
Avon Montessori Academy is a wonderful school. The educators here truly care for each child and their development. The adhere to the Montessori method for all of their classrooms from 18 months to 12 years. My children have thrived here and we all love it.
- Posted by Parent - Kate M
We love the Montessori method of teaching and found a wonderful place for our child to attend here. The teachers are caring, well-versed in Montessori principles, and communicative. This is a special community of people. Very caring, very understanding, and responsive when questions and concerns arise. The classrooms are well-suited for Montessori learning.
- Posted by Parent - Parent
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.