Avon Montessori Academy
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Avon Montessori Academy is proud to provide a traditional Montessori learning environment for children 18 months to sixth grade.
- All our programs support the learning needs of the whole child - intellectually, physcially, and emotionally.
- We strive to inspire by planting seeds of wisdom, character, community, and ecology.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||58 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- LorainGrades: K-6 | 110 students
4125 Leavitt Road
Lorain, OH 44053
- LorainGrades: PK-8 | 258 students
1339 East Erie Avenue
Lorain, OH 44052
- ElyriaGrades: PK-12 | 145 students
11400 Lagrange Rd
Elyria, OH 44035
- AvonGrades: K-9 | 482 students
2610 Nagel Rd
Avon, OH 44011
Avon Montessori Academy is a wonderful school. The educators here truly care for each child and their development. The adhere to the Montessori method for all of their classrooms from 18 months to 12 years. My children have thrived here and we all love it.
- Posted by Parent - Kate M
We love the Montessori method of teaching and found a wonderful place for our child to attend here. The teachers are caring, well-versed in Montessori principles, and communicative. This is a special community of people. Very caring, very understanding, and responsive when questions and concerns arise. The classrooms are well-suited for Montessori learning.
- Posted by Parent - Parent
May 10, 2018
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
May 10, 2018
Sending your children to a summer program or camp keeps them active in fun-filled settings. We explore your options.
April 19, 2018
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.