Battery Park Montessori
Tel: (212) 235-2320
Battery Park Montessori Photo #2 - Starting in our 2s program, we emphasize early literacy, sharing award-winning children's books in English, Mandarin and Spanish.
Battery Park Montessori Photo #3 - Battery Park Montessori is the only trilingual Montessori school in New York City and one of just a few in the world. The primary language is English, but all students are exposed to both Mandarin and Spanish.
Battery Park Montessori Photo #4 - Music is an important part of the Battery Park Montessori curriculum, with regular exposure to a variety of instruments and music theory as well as introduction to the music associated with Mandarin and Spanish languages.
Battery Park Montessori Photo #5 - Battery Park Montessori has its own farm plot in nearby Battery Park Urban Farm. There, students enjoy hands-on learning from planting seeds, nurturing the growth of their vegetables, harvesting and then eating what they've grown!
Battery Park Montessori Photo #6 - Students at Battery Park Montessori learn numeracy, language, science and more through hands-on interaction with beautiful Montessori materials, often together with friends.
Battery Park Montessori Photo #7 - Battery Park Montessori is located in one of New York City's most beautiful neighborhoods, right on the Hudson River and surrounded by nature. Our students enjoy learning about their environment through regular walks in every season and without having to cross streets.
Battery Park Montessori Photo #8 - At Battery Park Montessori, events like our annual Tea Ceremony invite children to apply lessons in practical life, independence, grace and courtesy and community building. It's a special occasion and all part of the socially rich learning that happens here.
Battery Park Montessori Photo #9 - At Battery Park Montessori's End of Year Ceremony, students celebrate the growth and independence they've achieved, all against the backdrop of the beautiful Hudson River. With a firm handshake from their teacher, and with parents watching, each student takes a moment to reflect on their achievements.
- Battery Park Montessori is New York City's only trilingual Montessori program and one of just a few in the world.
- We support all children ages 2 through Kindergarten in English, Mandarin and Spanish.
- We are known for our warm, diverse and vibrant community of families dedicated to the internationally respected child-led Montessori approach.
- In 2013, we launched in a beautiful riverside location in Battery Park City with a vision to bring a world class early childhood learning center to the downtown New York City community while offering children a quiet haven for peaceful, introspective learning.
- We stand out among peer schools in the exquisite natural beauty of our school setting and our commitment to nurturing independence in children.
- We are also the only Montessori school in the city with an early childhood "maker space" and a fully functioning farm plot managed by our students.
- Virtual Event - Thu., October 22, 2020 5:30am (EDT) - get more information!
- Virtual Event - Thu., November 12, 2020 5:30pm (EDT) - get more information!
- Virtual Event - Thu., December 17, 2020 5:30pm (EDT) - get more information!
- Virtual Event - Thu., January 14, 2021 5:30pm (EDT) - get more information!
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||60 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$37,275|
|Tuition Notes||2018-2019 Tuition | Full Day : $37,275 | Half Day : $23,600 (AM or PM)|
|Admissions Director||Jennifer Jones, Ph.D.|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
- * English, Mandarin and Spanish languages
- * Fully accredited Montessori for children ages 2 through Kindergarten
- * All teachers Montessori certified and uniquely trained to support trilingual environment
- * Rigorous and engaging academic program for Kindergarten
- * History of Kindergarten graduates moving on to some of NYC's most prestigious elementary schools
- * Stunningly beautiful location on the Hudson River with a view of the Statue of Liberty and wall-sized classroom windows
- * World class architectural design inspired by early childhood settings of Northern Europe
- * Considered one of Lower Manhattan's best early childhood environments
- * Full day programs for all ages, from 2 through Kindergarten
- * After school Clubhouse and classes until 6pm nightly
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: K | 50 students
11 Broadway 13th Floor
New York, NY 10004
(212) 613-8397 0.3 K
- New York Grades: K-12 | 60 students
26 Broadway, Suite 900
New York, NY 10004
(347) 572-6971 0.3 K-12
- New York Grades: NS-12
25 Pine Street
New York, NY 10005
(646) 649-3913 0.4 NS-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.