Pine Street School
- Top Ranked NY School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-8
- Students: 252 students
- Yearly Tuition: $45,000
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Pine Street School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Ceramics, Chess Class, Coding Class, Cooking Classes, Fine Arts Program, Music Program, Performing Arts, suzuki violin
Recreational Athletic Programs:
basketball Lessons, Dance Classes, Karate Classes, Physical Education, Tennis Lessons
Our job as a school is to nourish those innate qualities by keeping stride with resources, opportunities, models, and challenges that encourage that instinctive desire to understand, grow, and contribute.
But no learner lives in a vacuum. The world moves and morphs with increasing pace. So, it is also our responsibility as a school to look around and ahead, so that we are always aware of what the world will ask of our learners, what opportunities they are likely to find for expressing their particular interests and strengths, and what challenges they will face.
Our academic program is designed around these understandings, along with the fervent belief that learners should have a voice in their own learning and be invited and expected to reflect on their growth and increasingly make thoughtful decisions about their direction and priorities.
We call this Student Agency, and it is fundamental to our school culture.
- Choice of Mandarin or Spanish dual language immersion starting at age 2 and continuing through 8th Grade
- Montessori and IB/PYP (International Baccalaureate/Primary years Programme) in the Twos, Threes, and Junior-Kindergarten levels
- IB/PYP in Kindergarten - 8th Grade
- Rolling / Year Round Admissions
- December 31 birthday / age cutoff (Twos start right after 2nd birthday)
- Support for international and relocating families
- Technology-rich program that nurtures early engineering and innovation
- Inquiry-based learning, considered globally as best practice for instruction
- Schoolwide emphasis on sustainability and climate change awareness
- School Without Walls in which all students age 4+ explore New York City on a weekly basis as standard part of curriculum
- Commitment to Service Learning on local and global scale
Endorse Pine Street School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards