Quad Preparatory School (the)
The Quad Preparatory School transforms the lives of twice-exceptional students gifted children with learning differences by redefining the experience of school. Our unparalleled and personalized model fully integrates social and emotional learning with engaging academics.
By teaching to the way each individual student learns, we empower them to rise to the level of their talents and go on to contribute to communities of excellence.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Social disabilities, Anxiety/mood disorder, ADHD, Dyslexia, Executive functioning difficulties|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||73 teachers|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$79,250|
|Admissions Director||Dr. Anna Christodoulou|
|Admissions Associate||Rhea McFarlane|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Student Council, Student News
Arts and Music Programs:
- Our kids have too frequently been identified by their challenges (i.e., difficulty with executive functioning or with social cognition) instead of by their areas of strength (i.e., curiosity and strong interests), their gifts and their talents.Parents of twice-exceptional children often find themselves choosing between two sets of needs: keeping their children in settings that will challenge their enormous potential (i.e., rigorous independent school settings) or moving them to places where they can receive appropriate support in dealing with their challenges (i.e., special education settings), but where their gifts and talents languish. This is an impossible choice where education stalls and psychosocial well-being suffers.Quad Prep provides students with the opportunity to capitalize on their strengths and further develop their passions while receiving empathic support and empowerment to cope with their challenges.We believe that social and emotional learning expertise lies in clinical practice, and so we strive to "raise up" those children whose social cognition, anxiety, executive functioning and self-esteem may have been eroded due to prior school experiences insufficient for their needs.The Quad Preparatory School is an open, inclusive environment designed to foster respect for strengths and differences. We pride ourselves on how well we individualize attention: rather than expect a child to fit us, we fit ourselves around each of our students.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: K-8 | 108 students
247 E 20th St
New York, NY 10003
(212) 239-4926 2.4 K-8
- New York Grades: K-5 | 83 students
48 W 74th St
New York, NY 10023
(212) 721-8888 5.2 K-5
- New York Grades: PK-12 | 156 students
40 East 30th Street
New York, NY 10016
(212) 810-4120 2.9 PK-12
A search for a teaching job in the midst of a severe recession takes much longer than it does in good economic times. Here's how to handle this situation.
Marketing yourself in tough times requires attention to details. Here are some tips to help you achieve success.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.