Beaches Chapel School
- Beaches Chapel School is an accredited member of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and the Florida League of Christian Schools, as well as the Association of Christian Teachers and Schools.
- BCS falls under the authority and spiritual leadership of Beaches Chapel Church.
- The school was founded in 1974 as a full-Gospel, non-denominational school and was born out of a desire to supplement church foundations and family life with educational principles.
- Its purpose is to be a part of the ministry of the Church and to serve as an evangelistic example to the community. The Beaches Chapel student can successfully move toward a goal in life both academically and spiritually.
- The school is "open to all students, with no restrictions on race, creed, color, or national origin." The school emphasizes foundational education and utilizes the ABeka and Bob Jones curriculums with other supplemental curriculum materials.
- Beaches Chapel School is an "Apple One to One Wireless Campus".
- Our High School students bring their own MAC or iPad while our lower school access computers from a traveling computer lab.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Teachers and Schools (ACTS)|
International League of Christian Schools (ILCS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||236 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(School Uniform, Khaki pants, Plaid skirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,254|
|Tuition Notes||6th-12th = $6,033 1st-5th = $5,254 Kindergarten = $4,845Can be paid in installments, credit card and paypal|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jane Wilcox|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBasketball, Cheering,|
Dance, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Dance, Guitar, Karate, Math Club, Pep Club, Piano, Praise and Worship Club, Spanish Club, Student Council, Technology Club, WBCS-TV Club|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jacksonville Grades: NS-8 | 237 students
12200 Mccormick Road
Jacksonville, FL 32225
(904)928-9136 6.4 NS-8
- Jacksonville Beach Grades: PK-6 | 244 students
450 11th Avenue North
Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250
(904)246-2466 1.1 PK-6
- Jacksonville Grades: PK-12 | 40 students
5032 Woodcrest Road
Jacksonville, FL 32205
(904)781-5400 15.2 PK-12
- Jacksonville Grades: 9-12 | 450 students
5001 Samaritan Way
Jacksonville, FL 32210
(904)771-1029 27 9-12
- Jacksonville Grades: 9-12 | 1194 students
1055 Kingman Ave
Jacksonville, FL 32207
(904)398-7545 14.3 9-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.