New Leaf School For Change
5.00 (1 review)
- New Leaf School is an alternative school designed for learning to learn more deeply.
- We use a social skills curriculum designed in-house to strengthen each child's social and emotional functioning level.
- Individualization is the mainstay of our program, allowing the basics to be fully covered and each child access to work at his or her highest level.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ADHD, ASD, SLD, SED, ODD, Anxiety,|
|Total Students||16 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,950|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition quoted is for basic services, additional surcharge is assessed for a student's particular learning assistance requirements.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Angel Virden|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
- New Leaf School is uniquely structured to give the appropriate support or liberty a student needs to become a dynamic learner. Two multi-aged groups exist within this unified, intentionally-small school, a Lower School and a High School. Four work spaces are utilized during the morning learning times: a fully-supervised classroom where students do the daily assignments that reinforce learning, a monitored room where students access the computer lab while small group instruction is provided by teachers, and an independent learning area where students who have proven their ability to work unsupervised are allowed to work indepndently and collaboratively.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Neptune BeachGrades: PK-9 | 81 students
2049 Florida Blvd
Neptune Beach, FL 32266
- JacksonvilleGrades: NS-12 | 732 students
5520 University Blvd W
Jacksonville, FL 32216
- JacksonvilleGrades: 1-12 | 44 students
7020 Ramona Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32205
- JacksonvilleGrades: 6-12 | 41 students
13375 Beach blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32246
- JacksonvilleGrades: K-12 | 430 students
10850 Old St. Augustine Rd.
Jacksonville, FL 32257
New Leaf School for Change has been a blessing to our family in so many ways. Our son, Jordan, has been diagnosed with PPD/NOS on the Autism spectrum and before we found New Leaf, we did not have much hope for the future. The public schools were basically just a day care for him and we found a lack of connection and interest there. When we came to New Leaf, that all changed. Jordan is in the 3rd grade and has been there since the later part of his 1st grade year. He is thriving! He is learning not only academics but how to interact with others and how to succeed in life. He is taught in a manner that meets him where he is and asks him to grow and stretch himself. He is happy and healthy because of the environment and the level of care he receives. The teachers and administration all genuinely care for the children there. The sense of family and cooperation is evident on a daily basis. I have never had one bit of trouble with this school or anyone there. I''m so happy we found New Leaf and for the first time in a long time I have HOPE for Jordan's future!
- Posted by Parent - belfo
January 23, 2018
What is private school really like? Is there any truth to the rumors you keep hearing? Let's find out.
January 23, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 23, 2018
Keep yourself on track as you work through the private school admissions process.