Benjamin Franklin Academy
- Benjamin Franklin Academy is an assistance program to homeschoolers. We teach your student core curriculum: History, Math, Science and English(reading, writing, literature, etc.) We assist parents in fulfilling their parental responsibility in the education of their children.While accepting children of all faiths, we offer an LDS-based curriculum at an affordable cost and a positive classroom experience.
- Benjamin Franklin Homeschool Academy strives to instill in children a value-based education to better serve their God, family and country.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Religious Affiliation||Latter Day Saints|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||mild learning differences|
|Total Students||36 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||5 students|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$200|
|Tuition Notes||Sibling Discounts $175/month for first sibling $165/month for second sibling $155/month for third sibling and so on|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Marie Cox|
- "ll"BFA is unique, in helping parents that want to homeschool their children. We have combined the two best ways to educate a child,homeschooling and Private school. By putting you, the parents in charge of their childs education your child will excel! "ll"We provide curriculum for the entire week as well as for Mondays- Fridays "ll"We have a small classroom ratio. "ll"We work close with parents and students. "ll"We have added a pre-school age 3 if potty trained and a computer Lab for Pre-2nd "ll"We allow prayer in class "ll" We start each school day with a short devotional and flag ceremony "ll"Each child works on his/her own level "ll"We encourage hands on learning "ll"We teach to different learning styles "ll"We encourage parent participation "ll"We use wholesome curriculum "ll"Students in grades 9-12 take the practice ACT twice a year "ll"We use mentoring in all our classrooms "ll" We are firm believers in the 'Founding Fathers' and the 'Constitution'
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Salt Lake City Grades: K-12 | 36 students
Po Box 701020
Salt Lake City, UT 84170
(801)968-4843 1.9 K-12
- Salt Lake City Grades: PK-12 | 46 students
547 W. 3900 So. Suite E
Salt Lake City, UT 84123
(801)685-9648 7 PK-12
- Salt Lake City Grades: 1-12 | 41 students
5770 S 1500 W Bldg A
Salt Lake City, UT 84123
(801)313-7866 9.9 1-12
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.