Benjamin Franklin Academy
- Benjamin Franklin Academy is an assistance program to homeschoolers. We teach your student core curriculum: History, Math, Science and English(reading, writing, literature, etc.) We assist parents in fulfilling their parental responsibility in the education of their children.While accepting children of all faiths, we offer an LDS-based curriculum at an affordable cost and a positive classroom experience.
- Benjamin Franklin Homeschool Academy strives to instill in children a value-based education to better serve their God, family and country.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Religious Affiliation||Latter Day Saints|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||mild learning differences|
|Total Students||36 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||5 students|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$200|
|Tuition Notes||Sibling Discounts $175/month for first sibling $165/month for second sibling $155/month for third sibling and so on|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Marie Cox|
- "ll"BFA is unique, in helping parents that want to homeschool their children. We have combined the two best ways to educate a child,homeschooling and Private school. By putting you, the parents in charge of their childs education your child will excel! "ll"We provide curriculum for the entire week as well as for Mondays- Fridays "ll"We have a small classroom ratio. "ll"We work close with parents and students. "ll"We have added a pre-school age 3 if potty trained and a computer Lab for Pre-2nd "ll"We allow prayer in class "ll" We start each school day with a short devotional and flag ceremony "ll"Each child works on his/her own level "ll"We encourage hands on learning "ll"We teach to different learning styles "ll"We encourage parent participation "ll"We use wholesome curriculum "ll"Students in grades 9-12 take the practice ACT twice a year "ll"We use mentoring in all our classrooms "ll" We are firm believers in the 'Founding Fathers' and the 'Constitution'
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Salt Lake City Grades: K-12 | 36 students
Po Box 701020
Salt Lake City, UT 84170
(801)968-4843 1.9 K-12
- Salt Lake City Grades: PK-12 | 46 students
547 W. 3900 So. Suite E
Salt Lake City, UT 84123
(801)253-0365 7 PK-12
- Salt Lake City Grades: 1-12 | 41 students
5770 S 1500 W Bldg A
Salt Lake City, UT 84123
(801)313-7866 9.9 1-12
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.