The Madeleine Choir School
- The Madeleine Choir School, a mission of the Roman Catholic Bishop of Salt Lake City and a service of the Cathedral of the Madeleine, is an elementary school for children in Kindergarten through Grade Eight.
- Established in 1996, the school continues the cathedral tradition of preparing young people to engage the culture with the Catholic intellectual, artistic, moral and religious tradition.
- The Choir School pursues rigorous academic curricula in the humanities, mathematics and sciences, and the arts.
- The school fosters a strong program of moral and character formation, and seeks to provide a thought-provoking and comprehensive study of Christian Theology.
- The Choir School seeks to nurture the whole child, with attention to the intellectual, physical, spiritual and emotional well being of each student entrusted to its care.
- The Choir School preserves and furthers the choral art primarily in service to the public worship life of the Cathedral of the Madeleine, and additionally through concerts, performance tours and recordings.
- Through its academic coursework, character formation, social activities and athletics, the Choir School works for form responsible world citizens who will serve as civic leaders in the generation to come.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||342 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Salt Lake City Grades: 7-12 | 63 students
5858 South 900 East
Salt Lake City, UT 84121
(801)266-1262 8.8 7-12
- Sandy Grades: NS-8
10685 S. 1000 East
Sandy, UT 84094
(801)572-1910 14.8 NS-8