Bishop John J Snyder High School
Bishop John J Snyder High School Photo #2 - Bishop John J. Snyder High School welcomes students of all faiths who desire a college-preparatory curriculum to prepare them for college and life.
- Bishop John J. Snyder High School is a co-educational, college preparatory high school operating in the Diocese of St. Augustine.
- Our mission of "competence, conscience and compassion" resonates throughout our school's daily life from the strong academic curriculum to the fine arts and athletic programs.
- Bishop John J. Snyder High School opened its doors on August 14, 2002 to seventy-four ninth graders.
- In 2006, we graduated our first class of seniors.
- Currently, we have 450 students in grades 9-12. Curriculum, in the purest sense, is the combination of all the experiences a student has while attending school.
- In that light, the curriculum is about an approach to learning, teaching, and building a community.
- It is the means, so to speak, by which students reach the end.
- That end, for Bishop John J. Snyder High School students, is a college preparatory education coupled with the formation of the three main tenets of our mission: competence, conscience, and compassion.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, SLD, Processing deficits, ADD. ADHD|
|Total Students||450 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||11 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||American Government, American History, AP Spanish, Biology, Calculus AB, Chemistry, Language and Composition, Literature and Composition, Macroeconomics, World History|
|Average SAT score||1210|
|Average ACT score||22|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,559|
|Tuition Notes||Catholic rate: 8559 Non-Catholic rate: 11250|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Shelley Gudzak|
|Endowment Size||$0.300 million|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Campus Ministry Clubs, Columbian Garden Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, International Travelers Club, Student Ambassadors
Arts and Music Programs:
Chorus, Music Theater/Plays, Pep Band
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Disc Frisbee Club
- Bishop John J. Snyder High School is located in Jacksonville, Florida. Our convenient location (and transportation services) is accessible to families in many northeast Florida neighborhoods.
- We offer a rigorous college preparatory curriculum with standard, honors and AP classes to suit each student's individual learning style. Our student to faculty ratio is 15:1 providing opportunities for students to excel in the classroom.
- Our motto of "Preparing the Way" follows our belief of enriching each student's faith to provide them with the moral compass needed as they begin their college lifestyle.
- Clubs, organizations and athletics are additional ways for students to become active in the life of our school. High school should be the best four years of a teenagers life, we think you'll find that at Snyder!
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jacksonville Grades: PK-12 | 40 students
5032 Woodcrest Road
Jacksonville, FL 32205
(904)781-5400 12.7 PK-12
- Jacksonville Grades: 9-12 | 1194 students
1055 Kingman Ave
Jacksonville, FL 32207
(904)398-7545 12.9 9-12
- Jacksonville Grades: 4-12 | 75 students
10679 Old St. Augustine Rd.
Jacksonville, FL 32257
(904)448-1956 14 4-12
- Jacksonville Grades: PK-8 | 329 students
6822 Larkin Rd
Jacksonville, FL 32211
(904)724-2954 16.3 PK-8
Learn more about Financing Your Kids’ Education in Private School.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.