Bishop John J Snyder High School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (904) 771-1029
Bishop John J Snyder High School Photo #2 - Snyder is a great place to be an athlete. Our first-class facilities and competitive sports teams provide a platform for your success. In 2020, nine of our 106 graduates went on to college play.
Bishop John J Snyder High School Photo #3 - Bishop John J. Snyder High School welcomes students of all faiths who desire a college-preparatory curriculum to prepare them for college and life.
Bishop John J Snyder High School Photo #5 - Meet our Administrators to learn about our academics, athletics, organizations and faith-based activities.
Bishop John J Snyder High School Photo #6 - College-preparatory academics will help you be successful in college and in future professions.
Bishop John J Snyder High School Photo #7 - Transportation is available from many Jacksonville neighborhoods.
- Bishop John J. Snyder High School is a co-educational, college preparatory high school operating in the Diocese of St. Augustine.
- Our mission of "competence, conscience and compassion" resonates throughout our school's daily life from the strong academic curriculum to the fine arts and athletic programs.
- Bishop John J. Snyder High School opened its doors on August 14, 2002 to seventy-four ninth graders.
- In 2006, we graduated our first class of seniors.
- Currently, we have 450 students in grades 9-12. We offer a full range of standard, honors and Advanced Placement classes at Snyder. High achieving students can earn up to 40 college credits through AP coursework.
- Curriculum, in the purest sense, is the combination of all the experiences a student has while attending school.
- In that light, the curriculum is about an approach to learning, teaching, and building a community.
- It is the means, so to speak, by which students reach the end.
- Students can explore new opportunities through athletics, Campus Ministry programming and extra-curricular clubs and activities.
- Students who attend and graduate from Bishop Snyder High School are not just prepared for college but are prepared to be successul in their collegiate years not only academically but spiritually and socially.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, SLD, Processing deficits, ADD. ADHD|
|Total Students||450 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||11 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||American Government, American History, AP Spanish, Art Portfolio, Biology, Calculus AB, Chemistry, Language and Composition, Literature and Composition, Macroeconomics, Spanish, Statistics, World History|
|Average SAT score||1210|
|Average ACT score||24|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,500|
|Tuition Notes||Catholic rate: 9500 Non-Catholic rate: 12300|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Shelley Gudzak|
|Endowment Size||$0.300 million|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Campus Ministry Clubs, Columbian Exchange Garden Club, E-Sports Club, Robotics Club, Student Ambassadors
Arts and Music Programs:
Chorus, Maker's Club, Music Theater/Plays, Pep Band, Poetry Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Disc Frisbee Club
- Bishop John J. Snyder High School is located in Jacksonville, Florida. Our convenient location (and transportation services) is accessible to families in many northeast Florida neighborhoods.
- We offer a rigorous college preparatory curriculum with standard, honors and AP classes to suit each student's individual learning style. Our student to faculty ratio is 16:1 providing opportunities for students to excel in the classroom.
- Our motto of "Preparing the Way" follows our belief of enriching each student's faith to provide them with the moral compass needed as they begin their college lifestyle.
- Clubs, organizations and athletics are additional ways for students to become active in the life of our school. High school should be the best four years of a teenagers life, we think you'll find that at Snyder!
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jacksonville Grades: 1-12 | 36 students
5032 Woodcrest Road
Jacksonville, FL 32205
(904) 781-5400 12.7 1-12
- Jacksonville Grades: 9-12 | 1194 students
1055 Kingman Ave
Jacksonville, FL 32207
(904) 398-7545 12.9 9-12
- Jacksonville Grades: PK-8 | 309 students
6822 Larkin Rd
Jacksonville, FL 32211
(904) 724-2954 16.3 PK-8
- Jacksonville Grades: 7-12 | 26 students
12021 Old St. Augustine Road
Jacksonville, FL 32258
(904) 262-7777 16.8 7-12
As parents of a student who attended BJS from 2006-2010, graduating with honors and a Bright Future Scholar, we wholeheartedly support and endorse BJS! Our student had a difficult transition from overseas to US schools during middle school. Size and Structure were critical to his success, first at parochial elementary and then to BJS. He absolutely loved his teachers, particularly English and Math, and enjoyed the camaraderie of the extracurricular activities and sports in a disciplined yet loving environment. As parents, we immersed ourselves in the Booster club, supporting the school as it grew a grade each year. Now, we stay in touch through a family member who is now teaching and loving BJS and her students!
- Posted by Parent - Boosters
Both of my sons attended and graduated from BJS. I can`t say enough about how the curriculum and teachers prepared them for the academic rigors of college. Every teacher and administrator we interacted with took a vested interest in nourishing each student`s overall academic, social, athletic, Spiritual and future goals. We felt they were instrumental in guiding and shaping the adult Men our boys are becoming. They were involved in clubs and sports and active participants and contributors during and after their time as students.
- Posted by Parent - Lee-Ann Cleland
As a parent of a student in the first Bishop Snyder graduating class (2006), I highly recommend it. It is a medium sized school with all activities offered in a quiet attractive location. The Administration and Staff are dedicated to providing the best education for their students- both acdemic and spiritual. They communicate freely and often with parents so that progress of each student is monitored and reported. No surprises at this school. Bishop Snyder is an excellent college preparatory school, whose accurate mission statement is: "the formation of young men and women of competence, conscience and compassion, faithful to the Gospel and teachings of the Catholic Church".Bishop Snyder has a very good record- 98% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
- Posted by Parent - Bookstore
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.