Bishop John J Snyder High School
Bishop John J Snyder High School Photo #2 - Bishop John J. Snyder High School welcomes students of all faiths who desire a college-preparatory curriculum to prepare them for college and life.
- Bishop John J. Snyder High School is a co-educational, college preparatory high school operating in the Diocese of St. Augustine.
- Our mission of "competence, conscience and compassion" resonates throughout our school's daily life from the strong academic curriculum to the fine arts and athletic programs.
- Bishop John J. Snyder High School opened its doors on August 14, 2002 to seventy-four ninth graders.
- In 2006, we graduated our first class of seniors.
- Currently, we have 450 students in grades 9-12. Curriculum, in the purest sense, is the combination of all the experiences a student has while attending school.
- In that light, the curriculum is about an approach to learning, teaching, and building a community.
- It is the means, so to speak, by which students reach the end.
- That end, for Bishop John J. Snyder High School students, is a college preparatory education coupled with the formation of the three main tenets of our mission: competence, conscience, and compassion.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, SLD, Processing deficits, ADD. ADHD|
|Total Students||450 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||11 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||American Government, American History, AP Spanish, Biology, Calculus AB, Chemistry, Language and Composition, Literature and Composition, Macroeconomics, World History|
|Average SAT score||1210|
|Average ACT score||22|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,559|
|Tuition Notes||Catholic rate: 8559 Non-Catholic rate: 11250|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Shelley Gudzak|
|Endowment Size||$0.300 million|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Campus Ministry Clubs, Columbian Garden Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, International Travelers Club, Student Ambassadors
Arts and Music Programs:
Chorus, Music Theater/Plays, Pep Band
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Disc Frisbee Club
- Bishop John J. Snyder High School is located in Jacksonville, Florida. Our convenient location (and transportation services) is accessible to families in many northeast Florida neighborhoods.
- We offer a rigorous college preparatory curriculum with standard, honors and AP classes to suit each student's individual learning style. Our student to faculty ratio is 15:1 providing opportunities for students to excel in the classroom.
- Our motto of "Preparing the Way" follows our belief of enriching each student's faith to provide them with the moral compass needed as they begin their college lifestyle.
- Clubs, organizations and athletics are additional ways for students to become active in the life of our school. High school should be the best four years of a teenagers life, we think you'll find that at Snyder!
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jacksonville Grades: PK-12 | 40 students
5032 Woodcrest Road
Jacksonville, FL 32205
(904)781-5400 12.7 PK-12
- Jacksonville Grades: 9-12 | 1194 students
1055 Kingman Ave
Jacksonville, FL 32207
(904)398-7545 12.9 9-12
- Jacksonville Grades: 4-12 | 75 students
10679 Old St. Augustine Rd.
Jacksonville, FL 32257
(904)448-1956 14 4-12
- Jacksonville Grades: PK-8 | 329 students
6822 Larkin Rd
Jacksonville, FL 32211
(904)724-2954 16.3 PK-8
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.