Blessed Star Montessori Christian School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Blessed Star Montessori Christian School Photo #6 - Hands on Geometry lesson with Montessori materials.
Blessed Star Montessori Christian School Photo #7 - Blessed Star partnered with Ping Tong University to offer Taiwanese Interns a teaching opportunity in the United States.
Blessed Star Montessori Christian School Photo #9 - Having a little fun after a day full of learning at the library.
- We keep our class size small so that we can provide individualized attention.
- Our curriculum includes hands on learning with curriculum tailored to meet each student's strengths and needs..
- Blessed Star also offers music lessons, praise and worship dance, home school enrichment opportunities, and summer camp.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||33 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||May. 15 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please contact the school for details. We accept Florida Tax Credit, McKay, and Gardiner Scholarships.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
- Why Montessori at Blessed Star Montessori Christian School?
- Montessori Education is child-centered. Montessori teachers study their students, listen for questions that most children urgently ask, and discover the learning activities that most motivate the children in their classroom. They continually adapt the learning environment to provide optimal conditions for children`s self-motivated learning.
- Montessori fosters independence and self-discipline. The Blessed Star experience helps children grow into autonomous, self-confident individuals. Young children learn to take care of themselves and their environment and to choose their work independently. As they grow older, they learn to manage their time and focus on projects that they design.
- Montessori creates a nurturing environment. Blessed Star gives children an environment in which they feel loved by friends and teachers. Children learn to ask for help when they need it, and to give help when they can.
- Montessori builds a strong foundation of conceptual understanding. Children work with carefully designed materials at increasing abstract levels. They develop a firm understanding of concepts at a concrete level, and later build on those concepts as they mature into abstract thought.
- Montessori cultivates respect and compassion. Blessed Star teachers share a commitment to multicultural education. Teachers encourage cooperative work and teach conflict resolution skills. Children learn to identify and challenge bias, and to see themselves as part of the rich fabric of society.
- Montessori inspires curious, lifelong learners. Blessed Star encourages children to bring their curiosity to school. Whether they are inspired to learn tying their shoes or about reptile behavior, Blessed Star students receive encouragement for exploration, along with the skills they need to become independent in their learning.
- People that viewed Blessed Star Montessori Christian School also viewed these schools: Marcus Pointe Christian School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pensacola Grades: PK-5 | 318 students
6205 North W St
Pensacola, FL 32505
(850)479-1605 4.7 PK-5
My 6-year-old son and 8-year-old daughter recently started with this school. From the outside, it may be easy to pass by the building because it is a small school. Once you are inside, speaking with Mrs. Olivia, and seeing the kids learning and enjoying school, you will fall in love with their methods and the people. My children have learned more in one week than they did in half a school year in Pace Public schools. They're not a number, they don't spend their days in lines waiting for other kids to follow instruction. This school cares about the kids and their methods help the kids retain knowledge I never imagined for their ages. Mrs. Olivia is the Headmaster of this school and her heart and knowledge are limitless. I'm grateful for her and this school. My children are learning and love going!
- Posted by Parent - Sonya
My grandson has been attending this school for the last five years and the difference in him since attending is night and day !I believe is due to the fact that the staff is very carefully chosen . It is obvious that all the staff chosen have a deep love for the children. My other grandson will be attending next year so excited to stay apart of this place .
- Posted by Parent - Angela
I love the fact they do not just teach the children to memorize a bunch of information, they take the time to make sure that understand what they are learning. They expose the children to a wide variety of subjects, even at a young age (i.e.: My 5 year old is learning all about Australia, in preparation for our International Day presentations). I also love the fact that they will not limit a child's learning based on their age. If they see that a child needs more challenging work, they are happy to accommodate that need.
- Posted by Parent - Dawn
Nearby Homes for Sale
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.