Bourgade Catholic High School
5.00 (1 review)
- Bourgade Catholic High School is a college preparatory high school that educates the hearts and minds of students in the Catholic tradition and in partnership with families to be servant leaders and stewards of the gospel.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||439 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,500|
|Tuition Notes||Active, contributing members of a local Catholic parish qualify for a $2900 scholarship. 85% of our families receive financial assistance.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Esmeralda Murphy|
|Admissions Associate||Miranda Maciel|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Football, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||25 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Active Bourgade Christians, Art Club, Campus Ministry CORE Team, Drama Club, Earth Watch Club, HiTech Team, Interact Club, Letterman's Club, Mu Alpha Theta (Math Club), National Art Honor Society, National Honor Society, Peer Helpers, Red Cross Club, Robotics Club, Student Ambassadors, Student Government, Thespian Society
Arts and Music Programs:
Ceramics, Chamber Choir, Concert Band, Dance, Digital Photography, Graphic Design, Guitar, Handbell Choir
- Bourgade Catholic is a college preparatory high school that educates the hearts and minds of students in the Catholic tradition and in partnership with families to be servant leaders and stewards of the Gospel.
- Beyond the typical high school program, the curriculum at Bourgade Catholic is focused on college and provides a solid foundation of skills needed for career success. Over the past five years, 99% of our graduates have enrolled in college. Members of the Class of 2016 were accepted at 97 different colleges and universities, while earning more than $10.8 million in merit scholarships.
- Small classes provide a high level of individualized attention, guidance and mentoring. Our courses integrate the latest teaching methodologies, such as multimedia content and technology-enhanced instruction, to enable students to learn more, in less time, and with greater understanding.
- Students are encouraged to participate in any or all of the activies that interest them, with a continued emphasis on their academics. Personal growth, citizenship, leadership and life-long pursuits are nurtured through a variety of sports, clubs and activities. BCHS is a place where students fit in. And stand out.
- The Campus Ministry Program is committed to providing a Chrisitian vision of life that respects and appreciates cultural and individual differences. A four-year theology curriculum sets the tone for liturgical experiences that nourish each student's spiritual formation and includes dynamic Christian service opportunities, school and class masses, and global awareness projects to address the needs in our community and world. We celebrate the gospel message and our Catholic identity as paths to integrity, goodness and personal holiness.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Phoenix Grades: 9-12 | 540 students
2525 N 3rd St
Phoenix, AZ 85004
(602)251-2500 3.8 9-12
- Phoenix Grades: PK-12 | 453 students
1751 W Indian School Road
Phoenix, AZ 85015
(602)265-4707 1.8 PK-12
- Chatsworth Grades: K-12 | 31 students
7624 Highway 225 South
Chatsworth, GA 30705
(706)629-7430 1559.4 K-12
- Chatsworth Grades: K-12 | 24 students
189 Hyden Tyler Rd.
Chatsworth, GA 30705
(706)422-9322 1562 K-12
Although it is not as large as some as the other catholic school, it has a great community that is family oriented and has a deep foundation in Christ. When I was there all the faculty and staff were very welcoming and made sure that I was integrated into the community! Wouldn't choose another school!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - hugsk
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?