Arizona Lutheran Academy
5.00 (1 review)
- Arizona Lutheran Academy is a Christian high school centrally located in the South Mountain/Laveen area of Phoenix where students connect.
- Our students connect with teachers, with friends, with coaches and with their Savior.
- Students come from all parts of the Phoenix area, around the state of Arizona, across the country and even around the world.
- We offer a nationally accredited educational program as well as fine arts, athletics, and community service opportunities.
|Religious Affiliation||Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||192 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP English 12, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP Pyschology, AP US History|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,185|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition Assistance options exist through ALA and through various AZ Tuition Tax Credit Programs. Tuition Assistance Workshops are offered to help you understand and utilize these options.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Michelle Meyer|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Hiking Club, National Honor Society (NHS), Photography Club, Social Media Club, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
A Cappella Choir, Concert Band, Concert Choir, Drama Productions, Jazz Band, Pep Band
- Arizona Lutheran Academy has been serving families since 1978.
- Proven curriculum prepares students for college.
- With low student to teacher ratio and small class sizes, our students receive the attention they deserve.
- Nationally recognized fine arts program.
- Wide range of competitive sports.
- Most competitive tuition rates for private high schools in the Valley.
- Safe and nuturing Christian atmosphere.
- Transportation is available from the East and West Valley.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Phoenix Grades: 9-12 | 540 students
2525 N 3rd St
Phoenix, AZ 85004
(602)251-2500 6.4 9-12
- Phoenix Grades: PK-12 | 175 students
2020 E Baseline Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85042
(602)243-1900 4.6 PK-12
Arizona Lutheran Academy is a hidden jewel in PHoenix. It has rigorous academics, although not many AP or Honors courses. The Fine Arts and Athletics are exemplary though. The staff also seems to be very cohesive and dedicated. Only one teacher has left since our child has been there. I think it has a terrific Christian environment where the faculty appears to truly "walk the walk."
- Posted by Parent - linda
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.