- Brightmont Academy is an accredited 6th-12th private school providing one-to-one instruction.
- One teacher works with one student to individualize learning pace, style, and goals.
- Students can enroll in a customized academic program on a flexible schedule and start any time of year, including summer.
- Brightmont Academy also offers courses for credit, tutoring for grades 3-12, test preparation, and college and career assessment.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association
Northwest Association of Accredited Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, ADD/ADHD High-functioning Autism (such as Asperger’s syndrome), Anxiety disorders, Depression, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia, Memory deficits, Obsessive-compulsive disorder, Oppositional defiant disorder|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||1 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus AB, AP Chemistry, AP English Language & Composition, AP English Literature & Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics, AP Physics B, AP Pyschology, AP Spanish Language, AP Statistics, AP U.S. Govt & Politics, AP U.S. History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Judith Zenna-Valgento, Ph.D.|
- Brightmont Academy is an accredited 6th-12th private school with a mission to provide one-to-one instruction to help students reach their full academic potential and prepare for college and career. At the center of the personalized learning approach is one-to-one instruction: One teacher works with one student to individualize learning pace, style, and goals. Students can enroll in a customized academic program on a flexible schedule and start any time of year. Brightmont also offers courses for credit, tutoring for grades 3-12, test preparation, and college and career assessment. We are now enrolling for summer school 2016. Brightmont Academy has been helping students achieve success since 1999 and has campuses in Arizona, Michigan, Minnesota, and Washington. For more information visit: www.BrightmontAcademy.com.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PhoenixGrades: K-8 | 36 students
22415 N 16th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85024
PhoenixGrades: 9-12 | 181 students
6036 S 27th Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85041
PhoenixGrades: NS-12 | 1298 students
16401 N. 43rd Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85053
PeoriaGrades: K-12 | 279 students
6815 W. Cactus Road
Peoria, AZ 85381
GlendaleGrades: KG-12 | 129 students
4030 W Yorkshire Dr
Glendale, AZ 85308
I would like to extend a warm welcome and thanks for visiting the Deer Valley page. We are committed to meeting the needs of each student with a completely individuated learning environment. Our safe and validating learning environment can strengthen your students weaknesses as well as strengthen their strengths. With our one to one relational and mastery learning model, no concept will go unlearned and no question unanswered. Whether your student is an advanced learner, asynchronous learner, has special learning considerations, needs SAT/ACT review, subject tutoring, course recovery, reading recovery, career guidance, or transition services, come in and visit. We look forward to serving you.
- Posted by Administrator - Dr. Zenna-Valgento
Brightmont is an excellent choice for students. They offer a wide variety of academic classes and can customize courses to meet students specific learning styles. While students learn one-on-one in the classroom they also have the opportunity to interact and socialize with other students in the study lab, on breaks, and at lunch.
- Posted by Teacher - Math Teacher
Teaching at Brightmont has been the most enjoyable teaching experience of my career. While the work is very challenging at times, I am so much happier and less stressed out compared to when I was a special ed. teacher in one of the state's largest school districts. Due to the one-one-one nature of teaching at Brightmont, teachers have an awesome opportunity to make a significant difference in the lives of their students. Moreover, I have never felt as appreciated by the parents of the students I worked with as I have as a Brightmont teacher.
- Posted by Teacher - Mr. B
Brightmont offers students the ability to customize their schedule. Students excel with individual instruction, variety of academic materials and customization of curriculum available at Brightmont Academy. I recommend the school highly to parents and students looking for a personalized approach to learning.
- Posted by Teacher - Deer Creek, AZ
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.