Brightmont Academy - Deer Valley
5.00 (4 reviews)
Tel: (623) 738-0710
Brightmont Academy - Deer Valley Photo #2 - "The One-to-One School. One student works with one teacher - all the time!"
Brightmont Academy - Deer Valley Photo #3 - Full-time, one-to-one instruction provides the right opportunity for 6th to 12th grade students to complete coursework and build self-confidence for lifelong learning success.
Brightmont Academy - Deer Valley Photo #4 - Tutoring at Brightmont Academy for students in grades 3-12 means one experienced teacher individualizes instruction for one student throughout every learning session.
Brightmont Academy - Deer Valley Photo #5 - Brightmont teachers build relationships with students. They are supportive, patient, engaging and have positive attitudes.
Brightmont Academy - Deer Valley Photo #6 - For every course, the teacher works with one student to individualize learning pace, style, and schedule.
Brightmont Academy - Deer Valley Photo #7 - Students say that Brightmont is a fun place to come to school and that learning is enjoyable. Students appreciate that with the one-to-one instruction, their own personal interests can be incorporated into their learning and it makes it more meaningful for them.
- Brightmont Academy is an accredited 6th-12th private school providing one-to-one instruction.
- One teacher works with one student to individualize learning pace, style, and goals.
- Students can enroll in a customized academic program on a flexible schedule and start any time of year, including summer.
- Brightmont Academy also offers courses for credit, tutoring for grades 3-12, test preparation, and college and career assessment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
Northwest Association of Accredited Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, ADD/ADHD High-functioning Autism (such as Asperger’s syndrome), Anxiety disorders, Depression, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia, Memory deficits, Obsessive-compulsive disorder, Oppositional defiant disorder|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$900|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||1 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus AB, AP Chemistry, AP English Language & Composition, AP English Literature & Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics, AP Physics B, AP Pyschology, AP Spanish Language, AP Statistics, AP U.S. Govt & Politics, AP U.S. History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$21,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for full-time programs ranges from $21,000-33,500. Tuition for part-time programs is $15,900.|
|Admissions Director||Janie Rosenthal|
- Founded in 1999, Brightmont Academy has helped thousands of young people find alternative paths to becoming successful students. Through our full-time private school, individual courses for credit, and tutoring, Brightmont meets the individualized needs of students with learning difficulties and those seeking greater academic challenges. Our curriculum includes 6th- to 12th-grade courses and tutoring for all 3rd- to 12th-grade subjects, including math, science, English and social studies. We also offer test preparation tutoring, Advanced Placement* courses, college credit courses, and summer school opportunities. *Advanced Placement is registered trademark of the College Board.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Phoenix Grades: K-8 | 30 students
3427 E Bell Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85032
(866) 620-9380 7.2 K-8
- Glendale Grades: K-12 | 125 students
4030 W Yorkshire Dr
Glendale, AZ 85308
(623) 582-6871 3.5 K-12
I would like to extend a warm welcome and thanks for visiting the Deer Valley page. We are committed to meeting the needs of each student with a completely individuated learning environment. Our safe and validating learning environment can strengthen your students weaknesses as well as strengthen their strengths. With our one to one relational and mastery learning model, no concept will go unlearned and no question unanswered. Whether your student is an advanced learner, asynchronous learner, has special learning considerations, needs SAT/ACT review, subject tutoring, course recovery, reading recovery, career guidance, or transition services, come in and visit. We look forward to serving you.
- Posted by Administrator - Dr. Zenna-Valgento
Brightmont is an excellent choice for students. They offer a wide variety of academic classes and can customize courses to meet students specific learning styles. While students learn one-on-one in the classroom they also have the opportunity to interact and socialize with other students in the study lab, on breaks, and at lunch.
- Posted by Teacher - Math Teacher
Teaching at Brightmont has been the most enjoyable teaching experience of my career. While the work is very challenging at times, I am so much happier and less stressed out compared to when I was a special ed. teacher in one of the state's largest school districts. Due to the one-one-one nature of teaching at Brightmont, teachers have an awesome opportunity to make a significant difference in the lives of their students. Moreover, I have never felt as appreciated by the parents of the students I worked with as I have as a Brightmont teacher.
- Posted by Teacher - Mr. B
Brightmont offers students the ability to customize their schedule. Students excel with individual instruction, variety of academic materials and customization of curriculum available at Brightmont Academy. I recommend the school highly to parents and students looking for a personalized approach to learning.
- Posted by Teacher - Deer Creek, AZ
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.