Brookings Harbor Christian School's purpose is to guide students into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and instill Christian values and morals through a Christ centered education.
We believe that Quality academic instruction can be provided without compromising spiritual integrity.
It is the goal of BHCS to provide the finest Christian education possible by providing students with quality academic instruction based upon a biblical perspective of the world.
Only in this context can an individual be adequately trained and equipped for service to God.
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 45 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 24%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Brookings Harbor Christian School began as Cotton Patch Christian Preschool, a small preschool founded in 1996 by Robin LaThorpe and Kelly Watterson. These home schooling mothers had older children, so in 1998 after much prayer, the school expanded to hold preschool through 4th grade. They changed the new school's name to Brookings Harbor Christian School. BHCS has expanded one grade each year since, with 2008 as the year of our first graduating class. We now have three separate campuses within five minutes of one another. The Nazarene Campus houses the main office and preschool through third grade. The 5th Street Campus holds our fourth through sixth graders, and the Calvary Campus is for junior and senior high students. Kelly and Robin take part in the school as Board Members and Kelly is our Preschool Teacher, dubbed fondly as Mrs. Watterson. All our staff view their jobs as a ministry and are devoted "servants". The purpose of Brookings Harbor Christian School is to guide students into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and instill Christian values and morals through a Christ-centered education.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Brookings Harbor Christian School?
The application deadline for Brookings Harbor Christian School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Brookings Harbor Christian School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
The Evolution of Early Reading Strategies for Children
Explore the journey of early reading strategies from the 17th century to the present day, uncovering the evolution of tools, methods, and technologies that have shaped how children learn to read. This article delves into the historical milestones and contemporary approaches that offer a fascinating look at literacy development in children.
The Evolution of School Choice: A Focus on Vouchers
Explore the history and evolution of school choice, focusing on vouchers. This article provides an in-depth analysis of vouchers' origins, growth, benefits, and criticisms as part of the broader school choice movement, along with a look at current trends and future outlook.
August 11, 2023Admissions Matters: Following Up, The Competition, & Deadlines
Navigating the complex landscape of private high school admissions requires expertise and insight. This article delves into essential areas that every school should master: inquiry follow-up, standing out in a competitive market, and choosing between rolling admissions and fixed admissions deadlines.