Brookings Harbor Christian School
Brookings Harbor Christian School's purpose is to guide students into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and instill Christian values and morals through a Christ centered education.
We believe that Quality academic instruction can be provided without compromising spiritual integrity.
It is the goal of BHCS to provide the finest Christian education possible by providing students with quality academic instruction based upon a biblical perspective of the world.
Only in this context can an individual be adequately trained and equipped for service to God.
- Grades: Prekindergarten-10
- Students: 49 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 25%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Brookings Harbor Christian School began as Cotton Patch Christian Preschool, a small preschool founded in 1996 by Robin LaThorpe and Kelly Watterson. These home schooling mothers had older children, so in 1998 after much prayer, the school expanded to hold preschool through 4th grade. They changed the new school's name to Brookings Harbor Christian School. BHCS has expanded one grade each year since, with 2008 as the year of our first graduating class. We now have three separate campuses within five minutes of one another. The Nazarene Campus houses the main office and preschool through third grade. The 5th Street Campus holds our fourth through sixth graders, and the Calvary Campus is for junior and senior high students. Kelly and Robin take part in the school as Board Members and Kelly is our Preschool Teacher, dubbed fondly as Mrs. Watterson. All our staff view their jobs as a ministry and are devoted "servants". The purpose of Brookings Harbor Christian School is to guide students into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and instill Christian values and morals through a Christ-centered education.
Endorse Brookings Harbor Christian School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Books Set In Private Schools
Enjoy a range of subject matter from recollections to murder mysteries, all set in private schools here at home and abroad.
Keep Ransomware Out of Your School
Small organizations like private schools are just as vulnerable to ransomware attacks as large organizations are. Here's how to deal with ransomware in your school.
Endow A Teaching Position
Endowing a teaching position accomplishes many things for the private school that gave you the foundation for your adult life.