Brookings Harbor Christian School
Tel: (541) 469-6478
- Brookings Harbor Christian School's purpose is to guide students into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and instill Christian values and morals through a Christ centered education.
- We believe that Quality academic instruction can be provided without compromising spiritual integrity.
- It is the goal of BHCS to provide the finest Christian education possible by providing students with quality academic instruction based upon a biblical perspective of the world.
- Only in this context can an individual be adequately trained and equipped for service to God.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Northwest Association of Accredited Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-10|
|Total Students||49 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Brookings Harbor Christian School began as Cotton Patch Christian Preschool, a small preschool founded in 1996 by Robin LaThorpe and Kelly Watterson. These home schooling mothers had older children, so in 1998 after much prayer, the school expanded to hold preschool through 4th grade. They changed the new school's name to Brookings Harbor Christian School. BHCS has expanded one grade each year since, with 2008 as the year of our first graduating class. We now have three separate campuses within five minutes of one another. The Nazarene Campus houses the main office and preschool through third grade. The 5th Street Campus holds our fourth through sixth graders, and the Calvary Campus is for junior and senior high students. Kelly and Robin take part in the school as Board Members and Kelly is our Preschool Teacher, dubbed fondly as Mrs. Watterson. All our staff view their jobs as a ministry and are devoted "servants". The purpose of Brookings Harbor Christian School is to guide students into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and instill Christian values and morals through a Christ-centered education.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sheridan Grades: K-12 | 22 students
121 NE Yamhill St
Sheridan, OR 97378
(971) 706-0268 211.3 K-12
- Brighton Grades: NS-12 | 174 students
7669 Brighton Rd.
Brighton, MI 48116
(810) 900-1200 2050.6 NS-12
- Reading Grades: 9-12 | 811 students
955 E Wyomissing Blvd
Reading, PA 19611
(610) 374-8361 2483.7 9-12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.