Buonora Child Development Center
- Children are very special people who are making wonderful discoveries about themselves and their world.
- Given a safe, caring and accepting environment with an enriching curriculum, children will learn and flourish.
- Our purpose is to provide an environment that recognizes and respects each child's unique abilities and learning styles.
- In addition, we recognize the importance of assisting in the development of the whole child.
- Therefore, equal consideration is given to the child's social, emotional, physical, cognitive and creative development, always meeting each child where they are and guiding them as they move forward in their growth and development.
- We encourage children to think for themselves, express their individuality and develop a high sense of self.
- At Buonora Centers, we see the individual child as the co-constructor of knowledge and of their experience.
- Therefore, we present a child-centered approach where the child's interests help direct our curriculum.
- We offer a rich and provocative environment that allows children to be explorers and interactive learners.
- The emphasis is on the creative process for the learner and not the finished product.
- We offer an environment that stimulates the child's natural curiosity and their desire to explore and facilitates the development of problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and self-confidence.
- We set age appropriate limits and boundaries so that children will have a positive group experience and feel safe, while learning to be friendly and considerate of others' feelings.
- We refer to the teachings of those brilliant child development experts of our past and present, such as Jean Piaget, Carl Jung, Howard Gardner, Reggio Emilia's Loris Malaguzzi, and Bev Bos, to name a few, and draw upon their wisdom so that we may always be our best for our children.
Buonora Child Development Center places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||69 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please call 818-885-6200 to discuss tuition rates and set up of tour of our facility. Come see what makes Buonora special!|
- Buonora Child Development Centers provide a child centered stimulating learning environment for children in the community. We provide a safe, caring and accepting community, all while valuing where each child is in their development. Our goal is to nurture internally motivated learners, who are effective problem solvers, critical thinkers and children who possess proficient communication skills. We educate the whole child, addressing the social, emotional, creative, physical and collaborative aspects of education. We create a learning community that invites and engages all teachers, administrators, students and families who are interested and committed to working together toward building a caring, supportive and successful environment for all its children.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Winnetka Grades: PK-8 | 305 students
19812 Cantlay Street
Winnetka, CA 91306
(818)341-6616 0.6 PK-8
- Winnetka Grades: NS-K | 56 students
6739 Corbin Avenue
Winnetka, CA 91306
(818)881-7333 0.7 NS-K
- Winnetka Grades: NS-12 | 712 students
6844 Oakdale Ave
Winnetka, CA 91306
(818)883-2428 0.8 NS-12
- Reseda Grades: NS-6 | 80 students
18644 Sherman Way
Reseda, CA 91335
(818)881-9828 0.8 NS-6
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.